Ca ammo laws

brnsvllyjohn

"A federal judge has blocked a California law requiring background checks to buy ammunition."

This is from another forum.

Apparently we can now just walk in and buy ammo or order ammo on line.

Not the best at posting links but I am sure that if you do a search you will find the article.

I saw a post from "varminter magazine" stating the same thing with links to current online ammo sellers that with ship to your door. What I haven't found is if this is a permanent or temporary change.

Here I’ll help you out.. Yesterday was a win for CA gun owners and gun hunters.

I saw a post from "varminter magazine" stating the same thing with links to current online ammo sellers that with ship to your door. What I haven't found is if this is a permanent or temporary change.

Hopefully every law abiding gun owner has ammo headed to Cali right now.

From the horses mouth

If you live in Ca and own a gun you should be a member of Ca rifle and pistol association, they have really taken on some of these latest new laws with some success. Hell even if you don’t live in California become a member, what starts there will come to your state eventually.

For those without NYT subscription

Last edited:
Finally a federal judge with come common sense. Just passing that law is another good reason NOT to live in California!

You can also import ammo into California. They were trying to block people from going next door in Nevada and that to get ammo. They also presented documentation of a number of people who were illegitimately prevented from buying ammo.

Currently just a temporary injunction from what I can understand but I'm no expert. Hope that it is eventually permanently struck down. I do know that there a number of online vendors shipping to CA today. So if you need anything jump on it and get your order in.

I only purchased ammo in CA once since the law had taken effect. It went quick for me but was definitely extra time and money. If everyone checking out at the grocery store had to wait and extra 5 minutes and pay an extra dollar or two every time they went to the grocery store, it would have been seen as totally unacceptable.

Nice I didn’t realize it pulled back the law about online orders. Would be nice if it sticks but I don’t see it

Currently just a temporary injunction from what I can understand but I'm no expert. Hope that it is eventually permanently struck down. I do know that there a number of online vendors shipping to CA today. So if you need anything jump on it and get your order in.

I only purchased ammo in CA once since the law had taken effect. It went quick for me but was definitely extra time and money. If everyone checking out at the grocery store had to wait and extra 5 minutes and pay an extra dollar or two every time they went to the grocery store, it would have been seen as totally unacceptable.

Preliminary injunction is what it is formally called according to Fox. This is typically done while a case is in process or pending appeal. I am trying to get a link to the actual decision. But way I understand it, it is permanent if the State AG decides not to appeal.

Just bought two cases of shotshells online from Rogers. go stock up while you can!!! Basically saving 50% over buying locally, plus all the hazzle. I spent 1 hour in bass pro in Rocklin, CA last month just to buy 3 boxes of 6.5. ridiculous.

Well, preliminary injunction has now been stayed. Online ammo sales are blocked again and back to background checks. Hoping this gets tossed sooner than later.

Back