Buzz Kill Stout

Maybe I'm out there on this, but I feel that if I want to significantly change the suite of species I hunt fairly regularly the best bet is just moving. Lots of factors make that harder for some than others, namely teenage kids or elderly relatives. Or make a ton of money, that would work too.
Agreed! I'm working on it, but getting the wife on the same page...

The real question is:

Is the Buzz Kill Java Stout as good as it sounds? If so, I guess there's one more reason for me to look forward to passing through Great Falls next month. The first reason is there's a liquor store there that has really top shelf hard to find single malt scotch.

Doubt you'll find Buzz Kill in Great Falls. You might have to settle for Mountain Man. But it's not as good.

This is why I said bring Central waters :hump:

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/652/96677/

I drive by there every time I head to my hunting land. Never stopped there, maybe have to get my growler filled on the next trip up after I get a sample tray. I have had a few of the beers at a tasting festival in the past near home though. The bourbon barrel taste is a little over the top for me. One glass is fine but after that I want something else.

If you want to make it a contest.... don't bring a knife to a gunfight. Wisconsin is to beer what Montana is to elk and guys that like sheep.
The city of Milwaukee probably has more breweries than the state of MT;)

I think I got the better deal. Assume you will be back in God's County again this fall after all your whining?:D

I drive by there every time I head to my hunting land. Never stopped there, maybe have to get my growler filled on the next trip up after I get a sample tray. I have had a few of the beers at a tasting festival in the past near home though. The bourbon barrel taste is a little over the top for me. One glass is fine but after that I want something else.

I agree, I usually just have one at a time and it's usually the last on of the night. Try the Hop Rise if you like IPA's.

I agree, I usually just have one at a time and it's usually the last on of the night. Try the Hop Rise if you like IPA's.

Not an IPA lover. Whites, ales, porters are my top of the list.
Edit.., and free and cold...... sitting here in my office staring at good memories. Always keep your growler in plain sight so it makes the trip to get refilled.

Attachments

• 20150304_211130.jpg
    20150304_211130.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:
I think I got the better deal. Assume you will be back in God's County again this fall after all your whining?:D

I am not so sure about that lickbag. I have to run to the beer depot a lot more than I have to drive to go elk hunting:D

Last edited:
If you want to make it a contest.... don't bring a knife to a gunfight. Wisconsin is to beer what Montana is to elk and guys that like sheep.
The city of Milwaukee probably has more breweries than the state of MT;)

No doubt Wisconsin would beat Montana by volume, but Montana is 3rd in the Nation when it comes to Breweries per capita, Wisconsin is 11th.

Kind of interesting stats here.

http://www.brewersassociation.org/statistics/by-state/

The Growler/memories display in your office is a good idea.

Last edited:
I am more of a treble guy myself. I will leave the bass to Miller

Back