Buying Powder

Kraven

OK guys just wondering where you all get your powders from.The local store where I bought powder from no longer carries any reloading supplies.So I am curious if there are people here who buy it online and where is a good spot to get it from.Thanks for the help in advance.

Kraven, The problem with buying on line is the shipping fees that most carriers charge for hazardous materials. You can add as much as 20% to the cost of the powder just in hazardous shipping fees. I usually buy mine in bulk from Thunderbird Cartridge Company in west Phoenix. It's a long drive, but it something to do...

:cool:

Thanks for the info Dan.Thats what I was afraid of was the Haz Mat fees.OK then I'll find another spot around here then.Thanx again Dan.

Hey Dan or if anyone else would like to answer this question for me.
I normally use the CCI 250 large rifle mag primers.Now that I purchsed my new Nosler reloading manual today it calls for the Fed 215 primers in the loads.Is there a huge difference between these two primers or am I ok using the CCI 250 primers??Since I just bought 200 of them earlier today.
Thanks for the info earlier Dan on the powder.I just purchased 2lbs of RE22 today at the rifle range by my house.

Kraven, The CCI primers are a little hotter than the Federals.. Not much, but if you are loading a large capacity case for a small bore magnum, it could be critical as you approach max load. Just work up to max slowly and pay attention to the pressure signs.. I'm guessing that with RL22 and 215 primers, you are probably loading a magnum..

:cool:

Dan I am reloading for the .300 win mag.Going to use the RL22 for 165 ballistic tips and for the 180 partitions.And yes always careful when Im closing in on the MAX load no need to blow my ass up ya know.Thanks again.OH hey have ya sent them 180 partitions out yet??I need your snail mail addy to get ya the money for em.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back