Caribou Gear Tarp

Buying Land???

If y’all enjoy cleaning the swimming pool and painting the garage together, you’ll love work camp! ;)

If my swimming pool was more than 30 yards from my neighbor's house (unlike my current pool) and painting the garage included quiet time away from city noise along with the distinct possibility of seeing some form of wildlife, well yeah lol.

I have a small chunk in Oregon. There is no question like Schmaltz said you can make way better investments sometimes. Depends on where land is. I can’t put a price on the enjoyment it brings me. We killed 4 elk this year off of it. I struggle with very crowded public land, mostly because of stupid people. I won’t ever lose money on it but won’t make a ton either. But it saves me a bunch looking for places to hunt or pay for guided hunts. It creates great opportunities to spend time with friends, family and taking new hunters. It brought me great joy to have found my buddy his first elk and shoot it this year. Took my girls and they got their first Turkey. Taxes are low because I lease it for cattle. My dad always told me to buy land, they don’t make it anymore. He did very well on land deals. As I get older and realize how hard I have worked my whole life and don’t feel guilty for a second that I didn’t do something else with the money nothing like standing on a mountain and and knowing you worked your ass of and have something to show for it. Also helps me sleep well knowing if things go to total crap I have a place to go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
believeinyourself
Back