Buying any new calls this year?

Chambo

I normally only replace my mouth calls from year to year. There are a few new calls out and was wondering if there was one or more that I shouldn't be without this spring ?
smile.gif

Yeah I know, a fella just has to have that new turbo turkey call reguardless of what it sounds like.
smile.gif

Do you always buy new stuff, just because it's new?

What about the new 4x4 slate call?

chambo,
I am usually in the market for box calls and slate/glass calls not necessarily the "newest" on the block but nice calls...as for the 4x4 while I like the idea I have tried one and I find the individual surfaces to small to really get into your callin' the size is quite restrictive....just my opinion

p.s I find that my mouth calls last a minimum of 2/3 seasons

CTH,
I am with you. I am replacing some mouth calls that I lost at the end of the year last year. I lost my whole call case. That was terrible. But anyway, I stay away from the mass produced calls like the 4x4 and stick with custom slates and boxes. It is kinda a collection thing for me. I do have one "AlumiSlate" that I carry to use in the rain, but most of the time using my mouth calls anyway.

Do you put your mouth calls in the fridge to get the long life? I can usually get 2 seasons, but that is about it.
cool.gif

------------------
Safe and Happy Hunting !

WildgameWeb.com

Chambo, I have to have two or three new calls every year. Not because I need them, I just want them. I have already got two new ones this year and plan on getting some mouth calls from Arkie.

Markt99, I store my mouth calls in scope during the season and put them in the fridge w/ toothpicks between the reeds during the off season. I can get 2-3 good years out of one, but I usually buy new ones every year. If you store them in mouthwash use Scope only. The others will mess up the reeds. Don't ask me why, I just know they do. I learned the hard. Then someone told me about scope and all is good...
biggrin.gif

I agree w/ CTH on the 4X4. I don't like them. Not enough calling space. I have never tried one in the woods, just played w/ them in the stores and didn't like 'em.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BullelkSD
Back