Buy Now or Later — Tires

ha, same situation here, the used pickup i just bought only has 7k on the new highway goodyear tires; but as others mentioned, I'll use them all summer long. Looking on Clist people have the same tires for sale for really cheap and I dont want to sell them that bad; maybe this fall I'll store this in the shed during the fall/winter and get some nice AT's....

If I were going that route, I'd get some MTs, that way you get the most out of the tires when you need them and swap back when you ain't using them.

I had General Grabber AT2s on my truck for 60K miles. They were really a great tire, but the X3s on the truck now just perform better in muddy conditions.

I have an 18 F150 and it came with michelins that were better suited for the highway. I ran them one winter and this last fall I purchased some good year wranglers, but kept the michelins and i plan on putting them back on this spring. it should help the good years last longer. The only thing that sucks is having to store one or the other.
I bought an 2018 F150 as well and upgraded my wheels and tires. Not sure if you live in or around a city that has a Belle Tire (or even if they exist near you) but if you buy your new set from them, they will store your old setup for a year for $80. You can renew or pick up anytime. Just give them a heads up as they are usually stored in another facility, but they are wrapped up, and stacked neatly on a rack. Thats what I was told at least. Got out my wallet and easily paid for that..... saves me valuable garage space.

Back