Butte

----

This is very late planning, but it looks like I'm going to be spending the next couple months in beautiful Butte, America. As long as I'm there, I'll have my bow and rifle with me.

I know a few spots close to Butte that I've gotten in to elk in the past, and know the Dillon area well if I need to wander down that way, but to say that I know the Butte area well is a horrible exaggeration.

I was just hoping maybe there was someone on here that went to school there or used to live in the area and might want to answer a few questions for me about some spots I'm thinking of checking out.

Thanks ahead of time and feel free to PM.

Last edited:
Can't help you with the hunting, but after a long day of hunting...nothing beats a steak at the Derby. Best steaks I have ever had.

I went to school there. I would drive far, far away enough to get away from the butte types when you want to hunt.

I went to school there. I would drive far, far away enough to get away from the butte types when you want to hunt.

I'm mainly thinking about sneaking out in the evenings during the week through the rest of archery. Think it'd be that bad then?

I did use to hunt just South of Butte a lot in rifle season, so I know how big of a cluster---- it can be.

sorry cant help you with short stuff. personally i cant hack hunting around gobs of people, and Butte is like a swarm of ATVers. So i save my time and gas money for farther trips, from Butte id go to lima peaks or tobacoo roots.

This is very late planning, but it looks like I'm going to be spending the next couple months in beautiful Butte, America.

Are you talking about the same Butte, MT I know?! The only good thing about Butte is the fact that I don't live there! LOL Enjoy your stay...

Randy, I went to school there too. Killed my first bull around butte. You can give me a call sometime, i can give you some ideas but the best advise i can give is listen to RockyDog, make the drive out of the area unless your looking to look for tropy raghorns:)

There's a former poster from nearby Anaconda that may be able to help. He's got some semi-permanent "camps" you might be able to use...

Back