Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

butchers in Helena area

mixedbag

I plan to huntthis Sept around the Belts or Crazy mountains for elk.Does anyone have a name/phone number of any butchers in the area.I like to contact them ahead of time to get directions/prices.Due to time of year,i'll need to get the meat taken care of fairly quick.This is one of the last things I need to get straight for my trip.that and a LE tag
Thanks

I have taken a few elk to Tizers in Helena.More affordable than anything in Bozeman and they do a great job.there is not much for processing in Townsend..Guess it depends if you are in the Little Belts ,or the Big Belts.

What, you mean you can't just drive out and hunt elk and deer???I have the general tag which those areas are in.My LE tag may take me to another area.Thanks for the other responses.I'll look into it

Sorry for what was probably a dumb question, LOL! You confused me when you added that "drawing a LE tag" comment at the end of your post. Not being familiar with the areas where tags are good for in Montana, you had me scratching my head, since they don't do their tag draw like Wyoming where I always hunt!!! I hope you have some good hunts up there!

I was just playing with you.I'm far from a know it all myself.I hope you didn't take offense

If you don't find anything in/around Helena that you like, the Western Meat Block in Butte does good work. They have great specialty meats...hot beer sausage and salami are great.

Western Meat & Sausage Block
800 Dewey Boulevard
Butte, MT 59701

Open Monday - Saturday
9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.

406.494.4319 phone
406.494.7514 fax

I'll second Tizer Meats in Helena... they do a great job and are great people. You're only 30 minutes from them once you hit Townsend. Here's their contact info... Save some money by skinning your elk yourself, popping out the ivories, and detaching the skull/antlers...

http://tizermeats.webs.com/hunters.htm

Tizer Meats
3558 Tizer Dr
Helena, MT 59602-6061
(406) 442-3096

I'll check them out.They definitely would be skinned and head removed.I plan to be hunting pretty deep in so it will come out in quarters.Looking forward to hunting Mt. this year

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back