Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Bush responsible for increase

ELKCHSR

LOL since he seems to be responsible for all the ills which he has no control over, this should also be added to his credit... :)

Bald eagles in Wyoming soar to 185 pairs

The number of bald eagles in Wyoming has grown to 185 breeding pairs, a population recovery that has exceeded expectations from ornithologists who predicted much lower recovery rates when the birds were first granted federal protection in 1967.

The bald eagle population is soaring nationally, as well, with the number of breeding pairs in the lower 48 states climbing from a low in 1963 of 417 to more than 9,700 today, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service said Monday.

The population recovery offers evidence to some scientists that federal protection of the birds under the Endangered Species Act should be lifted.

"They're not facing extinction, and they are not threatened with moving into the endangered classification," said Bob Oakleaf, who oversees nongame species for the Wyoming Game and Fish Department. "So we might as well reserve that act and the money and heartache and conflict that goes with it to the species that need it."

Wyoming's bald eagle population had dropped to 35 breeding pairs by 1978 due to hunting, pesticides, poisons and other factors.

A handful of eagles that lived on private land around Jackson formed the nucleus from which most of the state's recovered population eventually blossomed.

Small groups of eagles in the Sheridan area, possibly migrants from Montana, and in the Saratoga area probably also helped repopulate the state, Oakleaf said.

The birds still face habitat destruction and human encroachment because of development, but conservation groups are working to protect open space from development and bald eagles seem to be increasingly at ease in the presence of humans, Oakleaf said.

"There are signs that they are showing increasing tolerance to human activity," he said.

Meantime, the efforts to lift federal protection for bald eagles continues. The current debate centers on fine nuances in the rules that will guide management of the birds in the future.

Conservationists are concerned that the rules will be too flimsy to offer meaningful protection for the long term.

Oakleaf noted that numerous other laws will remain in place to protect bald eagles when federal protection is lifted.

Good point, private management deserves some credit too it looks like:

"A handful of eagles that lived on private land around Jackson formed the nucleus from which most of the state's recovered population eventually blossomed."

Does the state encourage them somehow to manage for eagles on private land?

I imagine the eagles are on private ground because its near the big water ways with the big trees they like. Just a guess...

In Washington when the eagles are seen landing in any trees along the rivers, all the trees with in a pretty good distance (I think it's a quarter mile) become hallowed ground and you can't do much of any thing with the property except pay taxes

The Cheese said, "In Washington when the eagles are seen landing in any trees along the rivers, all the trees with in a pretty good distance (I think it's a quarter mile) become hallowed ground and you can't do much of any thing with the property except pay taxes"

Have any proof for that pure B.S. statement?

I'd like to see some proof of that as well. We have restrictions near known nests, but just a tree used for a perch could be cut down. Besides, here they like the power poles just as well.

I tell you whats funny, but at the same time sad...the cheese actually believes the lies he tells!

Stay tuned, we're about to see the classic "cheese-back-peddle" along with "cheese excuses for making dumb and untrue statements".

It is interesting how stupid the statements the Cheese makes. His comment on the "shear" amount of the world that is unpopulated is funny. I am sure the Cheese hasn't been to very much of the world and can't even grasp the amount of change that is caused by man. But, if one has failed to wear a hardhat long enough while making unsafe cuts on timber, making shitty backcuts and such, I am sure there is a cumulative affect that causes long term damage to the logic and reasoning portions of the brain.

I am guessing the Cheese has never been to Indonesia and seen the affects of what used to be a place loaded with trees. I am guessing the Cheese has never been to China and seen the output from cities and factories with sketchy environmental policies. But that doesn't slow the Cheese down to making his statements....

How long has it been since one of his quarterly melt-downs?

I'd say a meltdown is on the horizon.

Happens every time the cheese is called out for making untrue, unfounded, and otherwise outlandish claims.

Bald Eagles

The rules here are pretty restrictive:

Management Plan Zones are defined by distance from a bald eagle active nest tree.

Within 400’ (Requires a Site-Specific BEMP from WDFW)

From 400’ to 800’ (Eligible for a Standard 1-Page WDFW BEMP)

Shoreline Zone: within 250 ft of shoreline if also within ½ mile of a nest. (Eligible for a Standard 1-Page WDFW BEMP)

http://wdfw.wa.gov/wlm/diversty/soc/baldeagle/

A Forest Practices Application (FPA) is the name of the permit that the Washington State DNR issues for activities that involve cutting trees or other activities that could involve impacts to the resources of the state, such as road-building. Forest Practice Rules (WAC 222-16-080 6e) require a bald eagle management plan for activities within ½ mile of an eagle nest or ¼ mile of an eagle roost. Contact DNR directly to find out if you need a FPA for your activity.

Butz the Putz and guner/sybil

What is a "No Conditions" Bald Eagle Management Plan?

Forest Practice Rules (WAC 222-16-080 6e) require a bald eagle management plan for activities within ½ mile of an eagle nest or ¼ mile of an eagle roost. However, in many cases WDFW does not require conditions, because the activity is not within the current Bald Eagle Management Zones. In those cases, WDFW provides the landowner with a plan that explains why no conditions are needed.

Now the ologists utilize this to their own methods of interpretation depending on their level of enthusiasm for their job and what they would like to see inside this zone...

There you go losers... :rolleyes:

A quick search and you fools could have saved a little face instead of stroking each other.... :D

I'd say a meltdown is on the horizon.

Butz the Putz...

???

again I state, you screw balls need some new material, the old play book your using is more than worn out and running on empty... :)

In Washington when the eagles are seen landing in any trees along the rivers, all the trees with in a pretty good distance (I think it's a quarter mile) become hallowed ground and you can't do much of any thing with the property except pay taxes

Forest Practice Rules (WAC 222-16-080 6e) require a bald eagle management plan for activities within ½ mile of an eagle nest or ¼ mile of an eagle roost. However, in many cases WDFW does not require conditions, because the activity is not within the current Bald Eagle Management Zones. In those cases, WDFW provides the landowner with a plan that explains why no conditions are needed.

Elkchsr- Do you see any difference in the two quotes above? I'll spell it out a bit for you; 1. states than any tree used by an eagle for any reason makes use of trees within 1/4 illegal/improbable; 2. One states that if one wishes to make use of trees within 1/2mi of nests and 1/4 mile of roosts that you have to have a eagle management plan, which outside of a certain area they will provide for you.

Now about saving face...

Yep Tyler I do...

Do you understand this?

Now the ologists utilize this to their own methods of interpretation depending on their level of enthusiasm for their job and what they would like to see inside this zone...

I will admit, these rules are less restrictive now than they were just a few years ago, or there have been enough law suits to force the issue

But unless you’ve been around other parts of the country, they all do things differently, see things differently, and interpret the law different

All the, law quotes, innuendoes and reading between the lines won't change this fact

In the PNW they have a tendency to go to extremes and read into the rules what they want

If you don't believe me, it's time you and your family take your degree and change locations to that part of the world to experience it for yourself in a new job position :)

We get the "great eagle debate" here every year at Shasta Lake. Once it's nesting season or a new nest has been established they buoy off a perimeter around the area or close off that particular cove. The bio's do shoreline tours annually with spotters. It can get pretty cranky when a nest is anywhere near a resort/marina...I think the owners of said establishments "help" to make sure no new nests make it their way :eek:
But again...that's just MHO.

I'm not a big lake guy so (with Shasta) I think that 365 miles of shoreline is enough for birds and boaters. At the power gen site here they and the ospreys make use of the transmission and distribution towers...guess they like the fact that steel is hard to cut down ;)

Buzz likes elk cheese so much, I thought I'd post a recipe or two for a dip like he keeps trying to come up with. Here it is.

ELK AND CHEESE DIP

1 lb. ground meat (hamburger, elk, deer, etc.)
2 lbs. Velveeta cheese
1 can tomato soup
1 can Rotel (chili tomatoes)

Melt cheese or put in crock pot. Mix ingredients and add to cheese.
Variation: Instead of Rotel tomatoes, add 1 small can tomato sauce and 1 jar salsa dip (mild, medium or hot).

I like it with the jalepeno hot sauce and we even put a square of baker's chocalate in it and make a mole version of it.

Buzz likes elk cheese so much, I thought I'd post a recipe or two for a dip like he keeps trying to come up with. Here it is.

ELK AND CHEESE DIP

1 lb. ground meat (hamburger, elk, deer, etc.)
2 lbs. Velveeta cheese
1 can tomato soup
1 can Rotel (chili tomatoes)

Melt cheese or put in crock pot. Mix ingredients and add to cheese.
Variation: Instead of Rotel tomatoes, add 1 small can tomato sauce and 1 jar salsa dip (mild, medium or hot).

I like it with the jalepeno hot sauce and we even put a square of baker's chocalate in it and make a mole version of it.

Velveeta is in the Gourmet Cheese section in stores in Texas....

Thanks Tom...

Gives these auh... hmmm.... guys one more thing to enjoy about me...

Between the screen savers, constant thoughts and now a food they can look forward to after dinner, I'm thinking I take up an awful lot of their waking lives... Poor fellas indeed... ;) :D

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back