Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Bundy next chapter

Who cares? Aren’t there better things to devote mental energy to than worry about classifying someone into a box?
Probably so, but you missed my point. Neffa seems to be arguing that deep down we're all in the same box, and I'm observing that I sure seem to see a lot of different boxes with people talking loudly from each one. Not that that's a good thing.

QQ

Let’s put a label on this guy:

Pro 2A
Supports Law and Order
Supports a strong military
Strong church going family
Sends his kids to Private Religious school
Fiscal Conservative
Is a life long hunter
Grew up on a farm, 15 miles north of a town with 5000 people
Is so white he uses SPF Irish

But... he also:

Supports gay marriage
Is tired of black folks getting killed in a disproportionate numbercops
Supports a women’s right to make her own medical decisions
Lives in a city

Nuance is the difference between us and robots. It’s okay to disagree about any or all of these topics. But, I hope we can do it without being disagreeable.

Probably so, but you missed my point. Neffa seems to be arguing that deep down we're all in the same box, and I'm observing that I sure seem to see a lot of different boxes with people talking loudly from each one. Not that that's a good thing.

QQ
No, my point is, QUIT PUTTING PEOPLE IN BOXES TO BEGIN WITH!

Woah, the real enemy here is division. What this has bastardized into is division on larger issues. This thread is no longer concerning some deadbeat who refuses to pay for using land we all own. Division which leads to infighting, destabilization, is standard playbook from the Russians. Look at the Basques, the Northern Irish. You think those assholes funded such great violence against each other? No, was the Russians. Now the Russians have come to America and playing us well. Gentlemen, please do not concern yourself about Bundy. Bundy is a pawn who spawns vague ideologies. No, Bundy needs to pay his goddamn bill for using our land because that’s right and wear a goddamn mask at a gathering because freakin pandemic; would you not do the same? That aside, do not play into disunion over wedge issues because then Russia wins.

QQ
I find myself voting for whatever candidate's are moderate R or D.
To act as if all people vote party line is disingenuous or ignorant Ill let you choose.
On a local and state level people act like a Democrat in Idaho is the same as a Democrat in California.
An Idaho Democrat can be just as right as a NY Republican there is a lot of nuance to this.

Is it a false narrative, or do we just wish that it wasn’t true?

I really have trouble seeing how it is anything other than an indisputable fact that most hunters lean right, while nearly all anti hunting/animal rights activities comes from the left.

The right is indirectly anti hunting when they try to stop access to the Crazy Mountains or fight against conservation easements etc, but the direct, hunting ban, ballot initiative, anti wildlife management, anti-ESA, anti-hunting activism is nearly entirely leftist. Just the way it is.
I'm going with wish it wasnt true. There is a preponderance if evidence to suggest otherwise.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Killcarp2
Back