Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Bull of a lifetime, hunt of a lifetime

Great bull Ben. That storm was big. We had 19” of snow and a good bit of rain before that to form a nice icy base. Wind up to 50 that felt like razors on bare skin. I curled up with the wood stove at our place. Good on you guys to make the best of it! It is difficult to paint a picture of the weather you hunted in.

Last edited:
I'm very happy for you, Ben. Most are not aware of the tireless resolve you bring to advocacy for wild things and wild places. So fitting that you took this bull in some of the most wild country in the Lower 48. Congrats. Thanks for sharing here.

I have an article in Bugle and Montana Outdoors in the Sept./Oct. editions with details and photos of this elk hunt. I will post links when the stories go on line. Right now they are hard copy only. So JOIN RMEF!
Read it a couple days ago, great read! I saw your name on it and wondered if it was you.

Ben I read your article the day I got my "Bugle". It was a great story and really drove home the term Someday. I need to get my rear in gear so to speak and knock a few off my list.
Thanks for sharing your experience.

Read it in Bugle this morning. Awesome story. Your a great writer. I felt as though I was along for the hunt and captivated until the end.

I'll be writing more about this elsewhere, but I thought you might be interested. This was my 40th Elk Tag (most of which have gone into tag soup.) This year, my childhood hunting buddy and I had a reunion hunt. To make it special, we hired Wilderness Lodge Outfitter to haul us into the Bob Marshall Wilderness. We were there just as a historic fall blizzard was building steam. My buddy Tod called in this bull for me. I shot the bull at 50 yards. I am humbled and thankful.View attachment 115974 The bull is special for many reasons, especially for a public land, over-the-counter hunt.
Congrats! Is this the same story that was in my most recent copy of Bugle magazine?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back