Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Budget Bow - Trick it out or leave it be?

You can always transfer accessories to a new better bow. If you know what you want buy it and keep it for a while. A good rest would be my first upgrade, one of the most important parts of the bow.

You can always transfer accessories to a new better bow. If you know what you want buy it and keep it for a while. A good rest would be my first upgrade, one of the most important parts of the bow.
I disagree but agree as well. A rest especially if you’re referring to a drop away takes some of the person out of the bow. That’s sorta what all compound stuff does anyhow but if someone had decent form it wouldn’t matter.
As stated i shoot styks strictly off shelf. Honestly a drop away obviously is not what I want but wouldn’t benefit me.
If the shooter is doing all sorts of stuff wrong right as the arrow leaves a “better” rest could help. If he doesn’t it’s essentially wasted money and one more part that could break. I’m no fan of whisker biscuits but I never seen one break. Also never saw a shelf on a styk break, a tm hunter rest, seen that bend though.
Hate to say it imo if someone needs a drop away for instance they oughta save their money for an instructor. That’s not to say not to get one nor to offend anyone just think about what I said. What could a dif rest do if you aren’t having probs? Nothing

After purchasing my first bow last year, I dove headfirst down the rabbit hole.
I now find myself wanting to switch to higher end accessories (sights, rests, etc) on my budget Diamond Infinite Edge.

Should I dump the money into this bow hoping it improves its performance?
Or use it as is until I can purchase a higher end bow in the future?

I guess there is a third option of putting what I want on there now and keep the factory accessories if I sell it
Trick it out, everything you buy will be transferable to your next bow and hopefully by then you’ll know what you like and don’t like in accessories.

My $.02- get a midrange QAD drop away and an HHA Optimizer Lite sight and call it a day. I swear by both of these components and they aren’t a lot of $$ relatively speaking. I don’t use a stabilizer of any sort, don’t plan to start.

Pro tip: if the felt wears off of the rest prongs (and it will), fabric bandaids/black sharpie works better than trying to replace.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atlasbranch
Back