Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Theron Questa 10x42

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Other

Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters
R

rwc101

I'm going to contact Schmalts about some new binos. I can't convince myself to splash out on expensive glass when I know just about any binoculars will be better at spotting animals than I will. Primary use will be pronghorn and trying to figure out elk.

I've stopped packing a spotting scope and gone w/ 10x50 bino glass.
I think it boils down to weight and when dealing w/ glass - weight is worth gold, at least IMO. Can not help in your decision as I don't have any you've shared however Schmalts is king for his service. Ask and you'll receive the most honest answer a person will give, regardless the sales objective. :)

Seems you already know that though. ;)

By once, cry once. Binos are one of the most important, if not the most important piece of hunting equipment I own. I've been down the budget road, and ended up getting another budget pair or two before finally just buying a nice set, and not regretting it.

Shop on Ebay or classified adds and look for a used pair of alpha glass. You can pick up a pair of 10x42s (my preference for all hunting) for $800 or less if you are patient and look often.

By once, cry once. Binos are one of the most important, if not the most important piece of hunting equipment I own. I've been down the budget road, and ended up getting another budget pair or two before finally just buying a nice set, and not regretting it.

Shop on Ebay or classified adds and look for a used pair of alpha glass. You can pick up a pair of 10x42s (my preference for all hunting) for $800 or less if you are patient and look often.

I generally agree, but I'm also a fan of finding products that lunch way outside their weight class, and the Questas fit that bill.

I'd love a pair of Swaros, but until I win the RMBS raffle, I'm likely sticking with my Theron's.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back