Brownlee Crappie

Brittany Chukarman

My charter season on Brownlee got off to a good start today. The crappie are turning on and getting ready to spawn. We found them in several areas but just kept moving looking for more and better. After we had enough we switched to catfish for the last hour. Finished up with 5 nice channel cats. The crappie didn't grow much over winter but come July they'll start fiiling out like fat little piggies. I'm booked pretty solid through June so it's my time of year to eat, sleep, think fishing. At least until hunting season!1-IMG_2220.jpg2-IMG_2217.jpg

Great day at the lake. Were the crappie right up near the bank, or are they staging off shore in deeper water? I hope to take my daughter to Brownlee in a couple of weeks to catch a few crappie for the fryer. I have been hitting Lucky Peak pretty hard for kokanee and am ready for a change of scenery.

I need to bring the grandkids down sometime and go fish with you ................... better yet, how much extra if I just dump the grandkids off and let you take 'em out? Good looking fish and reservoir.

Awesome, up on our side of the reservoir they run about 9.5" right now, is that the norm on your end also? I caught 1 male crappie a few week's ago that went 13", looks like a good time,
Matt

Great day at the lake. Were the crappie right up near the bank, or are they staging off shore in deeper water? I hope to take my daughter to Brownlee in a couple of weeks to catch a few crappie for the fryer. I have been hitting Lucky Peak pretty hard for kokanee and am ready for a change of scenery.
They're moving in to nest. Eggs are really loose. Water temp are hitting 60-65. Don't wait to long.

I need to bring the grandkids down sometime and go fish with you ................... better yet, how much extra if I just dump the grandkids off and let you take 'em out? Good looking fish and reservoir.
Oh no you don,t, you're coming also! Seeing quite a few chukar and a buck today that was growing a nice set of antlers going out flat.

Awesome, up on our side of the reservoir they run about 9.5" right now, is that the norm on your end also? I caught 1 male crappie a few week's ago that went 13", looks like a good time,
Matt
That's about it, Matt. We're getting 4 and 5 year age classes now. The 5's will bulk up nicely this summer.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back