PEAX Equipment

Browning FN Series gun safe

yooper

Income tax refund time is rolling around, and this year I'm gonna buy a gun safe. After considerable research, this is what I've found:

The FN Series by Browning has the following specs: 60"x30"x27"; 720 lbs; 10 gauge steel body; 1 5/16" door edge thickness; (14) active bolts that are 1 1/4" in diameter; 3-spoke handle; fully carpeted interior; baked-on, high-gloss finish; UL/IP60 tool attack listing; 1200 F/30 min. fire protection; and a 14/28 gun capacity w/ 4 shelves inside.

Price: $1300 out-the-door and loaded onto my truck.

This is a little bigger than I had intended to buy and somewhat more pricey..... but I figure its a once-in-a-lifetime investment.

Any of you folks out there have any comments/suggestions/advice for me? This is what I want in a safe but I'd like to hear from any and all of you!

Yoop, I don't have the Stats today but I also Own a "large" gun safe.. Will take pictures and Post info tomoorrow hopefully...

Yooper
Laurie and I bought a safe about 3 years ago and found out the Cannon Safe was about $250 cheaper than the other safes that where the same size. If I remember right we bought a 24 gun safe it came to $1200 with shipping but we got the one with the fancy shiny paint on it. The Fort Knox, The Browning, The Winchester where all the same you just paid more for them (some had a fancier handle to open with but the fire proof and space were all the same).

------------------
Good Luck
The Greek

popeye_brut.gif

Yoop, Here is the Info that You requested!!!

I took a pic of my safe!!

safe.jpg

safe1.jpg

safe2.jpg

The safe goes for like $800 and in manufactured here in Idaho!! I can get further info on it for ya if 'n you're interested!!!!

Nice talking to ya on the phone today and looking foward to hooking up w/ ya!!!!

There are different options for the Inside. My option I had Shelves in it only allowing 18 guns in. If my collection grows, I can take out the shelves and HAve room for 30 I think.

------------------
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI> AKA Moose Hunter
<LI> www.huntandlodge.com

moose.gif

[/list]

[This message has been edited by Moosie (edited 01-09-2001).]

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members