Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Brownig X-bolt?

Wapiti23

I'm curious on every ones opinion on the Browning X-bolt. I have never used the rifle but have held it a few times and seems to be very nice. I'm a Remington guy and all I have ever used is the trusty Model 700 chambered in .270 Win and 7mm Ultra Mag. I traded the .270 in to get the Ultra Mag and recently traded the Ultra Mag in to get my wife her first rifle. Beings that I now have a good reason to get one in her eyes, I'm looking into the X-Bolt chambered in 7mm. Thank you for any input.

Google it. Gun Test Magazine gave it an A rating. It certainly seems that either people really like the looks/lines or are repulsed. I have an A bolt that is wonderful and have picked up several X bolts, they are comfortable to hold and pull up naturally.

Been a couple years since I handled one but liked the balance and workmanship on em then.

Purely a personal thing, but I can't stand the short bolt throw. I wouldn't switch from a 700 to one. mtmuley

Bought 338 w mag 2 years ago, killed 2 elk, one 27 yrds one 400. i really like my x bolt.

Purely a personal thing, but I can't stand the short bolt throw. mtmuley

I love the 60 degree bolt throw on the Brownings. Guess that's why we have more than one gun manufacturer to choose from.;)

The rotary mag is the most innovative improvement in my opinion on the X Bolt and where it really shows out is with the short mags.

I bought my son an x-bolt in 300Win Mag two years ago. I love my A-bolt, But that X-bolt is nice. It feels great and shoots even better. He loves it as well and can shoots it very well.

Never had an x-bolt, but I have owned a couple A-bolts, and they were great rifles. Have a couple friends with X-bolts, and they have nothing but good to say about them. Browning makes really good products all the way around.

I have 4 A-Bolts and really like them all. Last year, I bought an X-Bolt and like it even better. Hard to believe Browning could make a smoother action or a better trigger, but they did. Were I to do it all over again and wanted a single rifle, I would choose the X-Bolt Stainless Stalker in 7mm Remington Magnum and top it with a Leupold VX3 4.5-14X40 with the CDS.

I have the 30-06 X-Bolt, the only issue I had was the trigger pull which I felt was too heavy, but it was easily adjusted and shoots like a dream.
Cheers
Richard

"Were I to do it all over again and wanted a single rifle, I would choose the X-Bolt Stainless Stalker in 7mm Remington Magnum and top it with a Leupold VX3 4.5-14X40 with the CDS."

Excellent advice....

Back