Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Brought home ticks and the wife is pissed!

spitz, see my post about permethrin. I have not had one on me this year yet.

The Texas hill country is the "world's capital" for ticks, chiggers and FIRE ANTS. Ever been bitten by one of those fire ants and you'll see where their name comes from. You never get bitten by just one of those critters. They come in flocks!!Tom should know well about these critters.

Had 50+ at work today. I was still finding them in the truck when I got home.

I hate all of the above mentioned insects. Chiggers are no fun and last a long time. The fire ants itch for several days afterwards and usually act infected, all in all pretty gross. The ticks are no fun either. Gave my Mom a good scare when she found one on her back when she was pregnant with my little sister.

Went to bed after bear hunting last night and knocked a couple off. Then took my shirt off and had one stuck in me high up on my ass cheek. She LOVED tweezing that sucker out, then for some reason didn't want me to climb into bed cause I gave her the creepy crawlies.

Came to work early this morning but I'm sure I'll hear about it all weekend and probably into next week.

Them must be some tough ass ticks to survive altitude and weather. How cold is it still up in the high country at night?

to remove ticks, soak a cotton ball in liquid dish soap and put the cotton ball on the tick. for some reason, they crawl onto the cotton ball. burn pretty cool that way also. state bird in southern illinois. wife had some in idaho too this year? smoking keeps them off also.

chigger remedy. gross, but it works. spread butter over the bites. does something like smother them. not sure as I had them once from the farm. knew there was a reason to smoke.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back