MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Broken drill bit removal in rifle stock

It you can drill another hole and the broken bit would be covered up id just leave it.

Thanks guys. I think I’ll either try the jb weld trick or just cover it up and move the riser a short distance to drill again.

Thanks guys. I think I’ll either try the jb weld trick or just cover it up and move the riser a short distance to drill again.
Just a thought here. Is it possible that you hit some metal inside the stock, which caused that bit to break? Food for thought if you’re drilling another hole.

Can you drill to it from the opposite side and then pop it out with a rod?

Can you drill to it from the opposite side and then pop it out with a rod?
Good luck lining that up! Don’t mean to come off like a jerk, but I can’t even imagine what it would take to line that up on a rifle stock. I’d personally be hard pressed to do that on a 2x4 with a drill press🤣.

You could also take a small pin punch and line up with a groove in the bit to try to tap it counterclockwise which may make it free up and move backwards. Just do not get too carried away with the tapping. It obviously caught on something to make it break unless you got unlucky and got a shitty bit. Good luck.

Use a pin punch to drive it in another 1/8", then fill the hole up with filler. Touch up paint to finish it. Probably be undetectable after. Drill the needed hole for riser in a different spot with a quality drill bit so you don't have a dejavu. Good luck !! Pics before and after to let us know how it turns out.

Feel as though I'm following a live HT hunt! Haha!

What did you do and how's it going?
I ended up just covering it for now and drilled new holes and got the riser on. I’ll probably end up eventually just using a punch to push in just a bit farther and then fill in and paint over. Can’t see it anyways under the riser.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back