Broken drill bit removal in rifle stock

Good point. We’d fit right in here in eastern MT.
I don't know what's up with ND and eastern MT and your guys road hunting, but it's... efficient... to say the least lol!

I've never seen so many phesants killed from the front seat of a truck than I did in North Dakota!

I don't know what's up with ND and eastern MT and your guys road hunting, but it's... efficient... to say the least lol!

I've never seen so many phesants killed from the front seat of a truck than I did in North Dakota!
It’s mostly the locals that do that. The non residents just park in the middle of the road with their doors open and start walking the ditches. Lol

My idea is maybe crazy but I’ve used it a lot on heavy machinery. Get 1/8” plain steel hex nut. Put it over the drill bit and ever so quickly on low heat tack the nut to the drill bit with a wire feed or tig welder. Grab the nut with pliers pull it out. Maybe tape off the area completely around the drill bit to prevent heat on the stock. I think it would work and no gouging of the stock.

Yessir that’s the ticket. Used it a lot but never on a firearm. The key is to let the bolt that’s twisted off cool down before you try to turn it out of there as well. Works most of the time like a charm.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back