Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Bro, Do You Even Lift? (Off-season ways to stay in shape)

I’m in the 2nd worse shape I’ve ever been in. The 1st worse was when I dated a redheaded CrossFit nurse after she gave up working out; she gained….well….she gained. In Star Wars terms, Leia became Jaba.

I’m planning on drawing a 1st rifle elk CO tag and need to get back into shape. My last hunt I did lots of stairclimber time with a loaded pack along with deadlifts, lunges and squats. I foresee the same this year. I need to quit (cut back) on the bourbon too.

I’m in the 2nd worse shape I’ve ever been in. The 1st worse was when I dated a redheaded CrossFit nurse after she gave up working out; she gained….well….she gained. In Star Wars terms, Leia became Jaba.

I’m planning on drawing a 1st rifle elk CO tag and need to get back into shape. My last hunt I did lots of stairclimber time with a loaded pack along with deadlifts, lunges and squats. I foresee the same this year. I need to quit (cut back) on the bourbon too.
Mama hates a quiter.

Hoping to chase elk this fall, but I know my legs/lungs aren't ready... Working IT means I sit a lot. I'm going to start stair climbing on breaks. Up and down 4 flights twice had my legs and lungs feeling it today! After work and weekends I can do some hikes and bike rides with my wife and kids. Looking forward to building endurance and improving my overall health!

Hoping to chase elk this fall, but I know my legs/lungs aren't ready... Working IT means I sit a lot. I'm going to start stair climbing on breaks. Up and down 4 flights twice had my legs and lungs feeling it today! After work and weekends I can do some hikes and bike rides with my wife and kids. Looking forward to building endurance and improving my overall health!
Alright bud, ten bodyweight squats right now, me and you same time

Squats...do squats and lots of them some light some heavy. They will help a lot more than you think with posterior chain and stability.

Squats...do squats and lots of them some light some heavy. They will help a lot more than you think with posterior chain and stability.
...and 1 legged body-weight chair lunges, your legs will be cooked in no-time. Probably one of the most grueling body weight exercises out there

I got a little overzealous on my first training hike but I’ve should have been doing this months ago. I went in “lite” with only 30lbs. Got a nice heel blister. Still was a good time.

Attachments

• 9753F787-2223-4839-A1A6-AF5BE4814520.jpeg
    9753F787-2223-4839-A1A6-AF5BE4814520.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 19
  • 469F2E7F-81B6-4794-A687-4D78CAC54750.jpeg
    469F2E7F-81B6-4794-A687-4D78CAC54750.jpeg
    312.2 KB · Views: 18
I played in both of the adult beer league hockey games last night, won both and overall did alright. 2 goals and an apple. I usually only get one in a week, but I'm going to sign up for more doubles and keep this going

S'go boys

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Irish-Jay
Back