MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Bro, Do You Even Lift? (Off-season ways to stay in shape)

How do you guys get your friends that you hunt with to be motivated? I have a buddy that drags ass all the time. I acknowledge I'm a little more high energy than the average human being, but my buddy comes in out of shape and overweight. He's recently single so I'm hoping that the push he needs.

hell should probably just sign up for for quad rock 2023 right now to keep this ball rolling.

How do you guys get your friends that you hunt with to be motivated? I have a buddy that drags ass all the time. I acknowledge I'm a little more high energy than the average human being, but my buddy comes in out of shape and overweight. He's recently single so I'm hoping that the push he needs.

I couldn't so I hunt alone 99% of the time. 🤷

black squirrel half.

just dipping my toes back in. i have unfinished business at Quad Rock. plan to be back at that starting line in the next year or two.
Nice! Part of me wants to do a 50k race, but the scheduling is always a PITA. I think I might try a 50k solo run in June. I need to work out how to resupply on water part way through as I keep running out.

Nice! Part of me wants to do a 50k race, but the scheduling is always a PITA. I think I might try a 50k solo run in June. I need to work out how to resupply on water part way through as I keep running out.

pull a Tony K and just drink out of the "creeks" around boston, sure that won't be a problem ;)

i finished the quad rock 25 mile pretty strong, top 33%. but as my IT band at my knee started inflaming and rubbing in the last 3 miles i'm still pissed about my lost time to this day, 6 years later. that's why i need to go back.

pull a Tony K and just drink out of the "creeks" around boston, sure that won't be a problem ;)

i finished the quad rock 25 mile pretty strong, top 33%. but as my IT band at my knee started inflaming and rubbing in the last 3 miles i'm still pissed about my lost time to this day, 6 years later. that's why i need to go back.
🤮

Although probably cleaner than the dog shit filled creeks of the front range.

Yeah see that’s part of why I like the solo thing just because there is no competition element to make me do something dumb. I’d feel like an idiot getting hurt essentially training.

🤮

Although probably cleaner than the dog shit filled creeks of the front range.

Yeah see that’s part of why I like the solo thing just because there is no competition element to make me do something dumb. I’d feel like an idiot getting hurt essentially training.

the injury comes during the race as i found out. i'm very good at only "running how i feel" when training, no watches, no time, no tracking, just how i feel.

but you feel something not right during the race and you're just like "power through"

that IT band issue lasted for the rest of the summer because of that.

the injury comes during the race as i found out. i'm very good at only "running how i feel" when training, no watches, no time, no tracking, just how i feel.

but you feel something not right during the race and you're just like "power through"

that IT band issue lasted for the rest of the summer because of that.
100%

I couldn't so I hunt alone 99% of the time. 🤷
Honestly the being out of shape part is one thing but it’s his lack of organization that grits my gears after 3-4 days of no sleep and cold weather. Standing there with my pack on, rifle slung, ready to go and he’s still throwing stuff in his bag, and then he got the nerve to say “ya know it’s not a race”

Great guy tho. Love him. But he’s an über putz

Honestly the being out of shape part is one thing but it’s his lack of organization that grits my gears after 3-4 days of no sleep and cold weather. Standing there with my pack on, rifle slung, ready to go and he’s still throwing stuff in his bag, and then he got the nerve to say “ya know it’s not a race”

Great guy tho. Love him. But he’s an über putz
I couldn’t agree more. A few times I have just taken off and left them behind. I used to feel bad but not anymore. My wife usually goes with me now and she’s so bull headed she’d rather die than not keep up with me. There’s times I about die keeping up with her.

...and 1 legged body-weight chair lunges, your legs will be cooked in no-time. Probably one of the most grueling body weight exercises out there
Reverse lunges are likely the safest lunge and is a 1-leg lunge.
For hamstring strength building, biking up hills or in low gear.
For tough feet, hiking with your hunting boots on long distance hikes at least twice a week.

I played in both of the adult beer league hockey games last night, won both and overall did alright. 2 goals and an apple. I usually only get one in a week, but I'm going to sign up for more doubles and keep this going

S'go boys
Another hockey player here! The best way to stay in shape there is. Both our rinks, the ice is out right now. Back in a couple of weeks. Usually play twice a week even in the summer. Ref too.

Another hockey player here! The best way to stay in shape there is. Both our rinks, the ice is out right now. Back in a couple of weeks. Usually play twice a week even in the summer. Ref too.
Sorry to hear about the ice! We're down one rink aw well but they're putting in new compressors so the ice might actually freeze now haha

I’ve always been a little … husky. Choosing a profession that keeps me behind a desk 40 hours a week hasn’t helped!!

I needed to lose some weight to make the weight limit for a bush flight in AK and have tried to keep losing weight since then. I swim for an hour each morning (Mon - Sat) and hit the gym during lunch on Mon - Thurs. I’ve noticed a huge positive difference in my energy levels since spending more time and effort to be healthy.

If only healthy food tasted like Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups …

I’ve always been a little … husky. Choosing a profession that keeps me behind a desk 40 hours a week hasn’t helped!!

I needed to lose some weight to make the weight limit for a bush flight in AK and have tried to keep losing weight since then. I swim for an hour each morning (Mon - Sat) and hit the gym during lunch on Mon - Thurs. I’ve noticed a huge positive difference in my energy levels since spending more time and effort to be healthy.

If only healthy food tasted like Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups …
One day it will taste better than resses peanut butter cups. Keep at it!

EA052B32-BF31-44CA-A989-99A28908FFE3.jpeg
Could be why I hunt alone 95% of the time

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HaileyB
Back