Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Bringing a back up rifle

huntin' lunatic

Will be flying into Missoula in November for our hunt. Trying to decide whether to bring a back up or not. If i was driving it wouldn't be an issue. thanks

It's a nice luxury to have. Do you have a double gun case you could slide it into? We have ranges here, so you could always rezero if needed.

there are 3 of us in our camp, we always bring an extra rifle just in case. never know, someone may drop one and we do not have time to go sight it back in. I would bring an extra if you can. if you are flying shoot em both when you get there

I drove to my elk hunt and still took a backup rifle. My main rifle was my Howa 30-06, but there was rain and fog in the forecast, so I brought my open sight 30-30.

Always take a backup if you have the room. Broken whatever, scope knocked loose, maybe stolen. Anything can happen.

Always nice to have an extra rifle when you are a long ways from home. That being said I and some other Hunt Talk folks live here where you mention and could possibly be talked into lending a rifle if things got really bad, but it's nice to have one of your own that you are familiar with.

David

We always bring a back up gun whether we fly or drive, whether we are hunting waterfowl, turkeys or big game. A spare crossbow saved the day in Kansas couple years ago. A spare shotgun saved the trip in Saskatchewan one time. A spare shotgun saved a western turkey hunt a few years ago. During the trip planning get-togethers, we discuss who wants to bring the extra gun.

Hard to purchase a weapon in the wayback.Bears and such don't like to barter.:cool:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back