Bragging photo

James Riley

Banned
Cornell2012's photo in the Good Morning Montana thread got me digging for mine. Whenever I catch myself complaining I look around and then slap myself. I took this from my horse pasture out back several years ago, no retouch etc. My (wife's) camera had a better setting but I didn't know how to use it so this is just point and shoot. Please share your photos. Your pics are one of the things I love about this web site:

2%20Bald%20Eagles%20Sangre%20De%20Cristo%20Mountains.jpg

I'd never have to slap myself with that view..... All I can say is....Holy Chit....that's sweet!

Heck of a view.

Have you been on top of those mountains? My personal experience is that the more certain mountains have occupied my viewshed the stronger I feel that I should climb them - like I owe it to them.

Then again those are pretty gnarly peaks.

Last edited:
Ma Nature is something. Those are the Sangre de Cristo (Blood of Christ) Mountains from the Arkansas River. I have not been to the tops of those peaks but I have hunted elk all along the front of them, just below timber line. It's an over the counter unit for rifle but I hunt archery. There are some good bulls up there but not any giants that I have seen. Climbing up the front of the peaks would be technical but going along the ridge you see, from side to side is just a hike. Here's another picture from the same spot with a wider angle camera:

SS.jpg

I only have ski pics from hiking the ridge at Bridger to brag about at the moment. The first one is hiking up. Second one is a cutie eying the Ohs. Third one is a guy looking into Hidden Gully and with the first-timers look draped on his body.

Attachments

• s 1024.jpg
    s 1024.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 1,070
  • s-132.jpg
    s-132.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 1,061
  • s 181.jpg
    s 181.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 1,063
Here is one with a little more scenery looking towards Bozeman/Belgrade. 46 degrees with chance of rain today. One of those ski the cold slurpee days. :( I'm struggling to find an excuse to go up when I can have so much fun toggling between Facebook, my work, and Hunt Talk :D. .

Attachments

• s 1038.jpg
    s 1038.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 964
Some mountain goat country from Nevada.

Attachments

• DSCN1037.jpg
    DSCN1037.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 947
This is in the Wyoming Beartooths. No bugs or wind this morning.

Attachments

• Beartooths.jpg
    Beartooths.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 952
This is a full moon one night this winter. I thought the colors were cool. I wish I had the skill set of some of you all who's pics are crystal clear (like the ones of bighorn where you can count the hairs):

MS.jpg

This one is across the river. Sometimes the light around here does strange things on the rocks and the clouds. I know this photo looks enhanced but it is not. It blew me away in real life and the photo can't do justice:

SR1.jpg

For those who missed it on the first go around... Sky Rim trail on the NW border of Yellowstone on one of my 18-20 mile hikes this awesome summer... Fossils. Wish the light was better but I wasn't going to walk out in the dark!
http://onyourownadventures.com/hunttalk/showthread.php?t=260603

Awesome pics. Reminds me of the old mountain man telling of a petrified forest full of petrified birds singing petrified songs. :D

I read lots of folks used to think it was one forest buried on a slope and petrified but it's actually several different flat land forests buried successively, one on top of the other after different burials in ash. Jeesh. We haven't been here for squat. :eek:

Back