Yeti GOBOX Collection

Bow squeaks

Huntin' Fool

I have a PSE Surge that squeaks when I draw it.

Started last year, put rem oil on the axles, seems to soften it for a few draws then comes back.

Help!!!

I have a PSE Surge that squeaks when I draw it.

Started last year, put rem oil on the axles, seems to soften it for a few draws then comes back.

Help!!!
My vxr did the same and I think the bow tech but a little grease where the Limbs attach. All depends on where the squeak is coming from though

Check the limb pockets
Yep 90% of bow sqeaks and creaks come from the limb pockets. When ever I change strings I clean and lube the limb pockets. I also clean the axles for the cams and if not sealed ball bearing style on the cams I lube them as well.

Agree disassemble and clean out the limb pockets. I do mine every year.

Heck the cable guide. Dirt I. The can do this. Had that happen to me when i had a pse

Make sure its a squeak and not a creak coming from one of the actual limbs.
Squeaks or creaks….Reminds me of…

“Can you describe the ruckus?”

Sources could be limb pocket, cam axle, cam bearing, cable slide, or dropaway rest if its one tied to the cable. You may never fully solve it, its frustrating, but try those things starting with the easiest and working up to replacing a bearing if need be.

Dunno why, but I got to keep pretty fresh felt on my rest or it'll squeak as I pull the arrow back coming to full draw. Gets worse the colder it gets. Sounds like you've got it located and it ain't the rest, but in case you haven't listened too hard...worth pulling it back and trying to pinpoint it before you start taking everything apart.

Dunno why, but I got to keep pretty fresh felt on my rest or it'll squeak as I pull the arrow back coming to full draw. Gets worse the colder it gets. Sounds like you've got it located and it ain't the rest, but in case you haven't listened too hard...worth pulling it back and trying to pinpoint it before you start taking everything apart.
Check to make sure you d loop or nock sets aren't pinching your nock. If it is it could be pushing your arrow into the rest.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back