Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Botswana

Looks like a great trip. Some bucket list animals right there!

Hopefully I will be posting up some similar photos in August.

Congratulations on your nice trophies. Africa is spectacular. I also return for hunts in 2023 and 2024. I hope to get to Botswana soon. Safe travels, TheGrayRider.

Congratulations on some great looking animals!

How was the Kudu hunting in your area for size and numbers? Any Eland where you were? Did you bring any hides home or is that still in process?

Congrats again thanks for posting.

Congratulations on some great looking animals!

How was the Kudu hunting in your area for size and numbers? Any Eland where you were? Did you bring any hides home or is that still in process?

Congrats again thanks for posting.
Thank you!

Kudu hunting was phenomenal, I saw over 20 bulls, a hundred or so cows, in a very short period. The kudu hunting is done partly on high fence and the rest on cattle farms ( low fence), mine was cattle farm. I believe mine is 55" and if a hunter is choosing, it could easily be beaten. The cattle farm section are huge areas and thick with brush. It was an absolute blast, we are headed back in 2024. I will be taking my bow this time and am mainly going for kudu again, going to be picky.

Both my brothers shot Eland, I chose not too.

Our hides and skulls showed up much sooner than were expected, we just picked them up from the taxidermist last week.

How much total? With meat sent home and everything? Planning!!

CONGRATS SO BEAUTIFUL!!!
Unfortunately you can't bring meat, we did eat different game every day, Eland was best.

Depending what you do, my trip was around 10k with flights, hunting, shipping hides, skulls, We also did a 3 day photo safari with a helicopter ride.

Last edited:
Unfortunately you can't bring meat, we did eat different game every day, Eland was best.

Depending what you do, my trip was around 8k with flights, hunting, shipping hides, skulls, We also did a 3 day photo safari with a helicopter ride.
Can’t SHIP ANY MEAT?!!? thanks so much I didn’t know that. My old man wants to take us on a safari more for the photography and recreational end.. I want to hunt! Kill two birds with one stone.. I can’t wait!! Congrats again! Looks like a blast! So many cool species and you got some real trophy’s!

Thank you!

Kudu hunting was phenomenal, I saw over 20 bulls, a hundred or so cows, in a very short period. The kudu hunting is done partly on high fence and the rest on cattle farms ( low fence), mine was cattle farm. I believe mine is 55" and if a hunter is choosing, it could easily be beaten. The cattle farm section are huge areas and thick with brush. It was an absolute blast, we are headed back in 2024. I will be taking my bow this time and am mainly going for kudu again, going to be picky.

Both my brothers shot Eland, I chose not too.

Our hides and skulls showed up much sooner than were expected, we just picked them up from the taxidermist last week.
That's a very nice Kudu. Good to hear about your hides, had a friend lose a zebra and wildebeest on his last trip. Hair slipped from poor care in the skinning shed. But know quite a few others that have had no issue shipping back to the states.

What was your flight route for a Botswana hunt?

That's a very nice Kudu. Good to hear about your hides, had a friend lose a zebra and wildebeest on his last trip. Hair slipped from poor care in the skinning shed. But know quite a few others that have had no issue shipping back to the states.

What was your flight route for a Botswana hunt?
We took a cheaper flight but longer time.
Montana to Chicago to Qatar to Johannesburg SA to Maun Botswana. I will never fly International through Chicago again, I missed my connection flight waiting for customs..

I haven't checked my hides yet, my brother has them. Some of the euro skulls are missing nose pieces. Nothing I can do about it now.

Regardless of any issues with flights and hide and skulls, thats all done. Money well spent! I don't regret any of it. It was awesome.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back