Caribou Gear Tarp

Borderland Taxidermy in Malta MT gets 2 thumbs up!

Gumbo Hunter

I wanted to give a shout out to Logan at Borderland Taxidermy in Malta, MT. I am pretty impressed by the pics he sent me of my 2019 whitetail, looks like it came out incredibly well. I found Logan on short notice with a velvet-racked buck that couldn't legally leave the CWD zone and 9 months later he sent me these pics. Can't wait to get it on my wall. Thanks Logan!!!

5026.jpg

5024.jpg

5025.jpg

Wow! Beautiful deer and mount. I didn't know there were opportunities to shoot velvet bucks in MT.

Sometimes...the earlier the opener the better the chances. Because our season opens on the first Saturday in September it can be from the 1st to the 7th. If it is on the first there are still a lot of fuzzy bucks around. Last year it was on 7th and every other buck I saw that day, including a slightly larger buck that was with him, was hard horned. I bet he'd have shed within another day or two. Funny thing is that I never cared about velvet until I saw this guy, then I passed on the bigger buck to shoot him, he was just so beautiful.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Omcqueen
Back