Border crossing hiatus over!

Sasquatchewan

WATCH THE F' OUT! HIDE YOUR GRANDMAS, WYOMING HERE I COME!!!

After two years of returning or eating tags and changing plans, I'm finally heading back South of the border this weekend!!! With a couple good tags in my pocket I'll be heading to Wyoming to chase antelope and elk! 🤘

So, given that I didn't draw my first choice antelope tag I'll be skipping the Hunt Talk famous brisket at the Pizza Barn. That being said, I want to know where to go eat and be merry around Gillette and Rawlins. Share your must eats, I want some greasy delicious food, no BS, if its worth trying out, I'll do it! Also, I want to know what local-ish IPAs to try out, haters gonna hate and be miserable, SaskHunter wants some delicious fruity IPAs, I'm going all in this year!!!

tenor.gif

Keep and eye out for that Sasky license plate!!!

Last edited:
Dude, the only thing worth doing/seeing/eating in the Gillette area is pronghorn hunting. There's else worth doing, no places to eat, and you'd better grab the beer in Montucky on your way through.

Only stayed in Gillette in 2016 and don't remember much about it other than the hunting.

I'm open to any suggestions along the way, starting around Gillette for antelope then moving to Rawlins for Elk later in the week. Any spot worth checking out along the way?

This will be mostly a hunt out of the truck considering the areas are vast and open. There's has to be a nice dinner worth checking out aong the way!!!

Sheridan has some good food options and breweries if you're headed thru. Luminous in Sheridan has some dang good beers, their seasonals right now are spot on. Several cafes down town for good breakfast.

As far as Rawlins, I spent six months there for work. If I never step foot in that town again I'll be a happy man. Only decent food is Anongs Thai place.

Have fun! Although I’m pretty sure your supposed to be joining me and every other hunter up north this weekend for WW3 and a chance at a moose lol

I go to Gillette and through Rawlins constantly for work. There are great places to eat in both. Casper is another place to have on your list as you will be going through.

Rawlins: Aspen House - best ribeye in Wyoming. Yes I said that.

Gillette: Pizza Carrello. Thank me later.

Casper: Silver Fox, Boscos Italian, HQ BBQ, J’s Pub, Fuzzy Taco, FireRock Steakhouse to name a few.

One of my fondest memories of Rawlins was about 10 years ago being stuck there due to 3’ of snow that fell overnight. Was nice to watch it from a hot tub inside a hotel, but driving back to Gillette where I lived at the time was brutal.

Black Tooth and Grand Teton IPAs are my go to in Wyoming. Just finished what I brought back with me. Spotted Horse Bar is our go to for a mid-hunt burger. If you stop there, tell him the kid that sent his matchbox cars down the pool table sent you. He’ll remember my boy.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back