Boots?

174in

Can anyone here recommend a good boot for mule deer hunting montana in November? Looking to spend no more than $150-200 if that helps. All I have right now are some un insulated pronghorn danners if the weather is warm. My feet get cold easy even in pack boots around here hunting since we just sit most of the time, I know I will be walking out there so I don't need a pack boot but must have something that will keep my feet warm. Thanks in advance.

Keep your pronghorns and use peel and stick toe warmers on the top of your wool socks. Works better than insulated boots for me.

Theres a lot of $150 to $200 boots out there. Im notreally a gear junky so I don't know the numbers and details off the top of my head, but find something with 400 grams of insulation or more for a November hunt in MT. One thing I know is, I went through a few pairs of $150-200 boots and would have saved quite a bit of money had I just purchased my pair of Lowas years ago. Best boot I have ever worn.

Sierra trading post, sign up for email so you get 35% off coupons in email. They usually have good boots, I got some asolo goretex boots for $100, get some merino wool socks and some sock liners and your feet will be nice and toasty.

I have some Lowa Tibet gtx also. Definitely recommend spending the extra cash. Some of the online shoe sites have them for around $250 with a first time customer coupon. I actually got mine from Schnees boots in Bozeman for $250. Awesome boots.

If I'm on an active hunt, I can get by well enough with uninsulated boots and heavyweight wool socks. If your feet get cold, just go for a short walk.

HANDS DOWN ..IRISHSETTER ELK TRACKERS !!!
600 GRAMS OR 1200 grams of thinsulate .

Its my hunting boot and winter work boot ...good to -28 so far if im moving around .

MT.PERCHMAN

Look at the boots that Cabelas puts their name on. I had a pair that were some of the toughest that I ever had. I finally worked them to death between hunting and cutting trees. Expensive boots are great, if you have the cash, but there are options that will serve you well.

I would agree with Irish Setter boots, also. I have not worn their leather boots, but I took a pair of their good rubber boots to Newfoundland on a moose hunt and they were fantastic. I think that their quality is real good.

Just make sure that you try the boots on and if they don't feel just right, get rid of them. Boots that don't fit are not good in the field.

I have tried two pairs Kenntecks and two pairs of the Cabelas Alaskan Guide boots, all lasted about 700-1000 miles and were worn out in less than one year. I wear a pedometer and track miles.
I have two pair of Schneel Pac boats made in Bozeman that have lots of miles and one set is 14 years old. I purchased a pair of Carolina logging boots and have been walking 3-9 miles most days and are very comfortable. They are lined goe-tex which makes them hot for summer work but they only cost $135.
Each person is different but spending $300 or more on boots hasn't served me very well.

I have a buddy who has a theory on cold feet while hunting. He says that when your shoes are too heavy at work that your feet get used to being hot. Then when you hunt and they get cooled off your feet feel cold. His theory is wear light weight work boots or dress shoes with this socks. I tried it and it worked.

I agree with others that good socks or toe warmers may go a long way and save some money.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back