Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Boots for early-mid season wet conditions

NDcoyote

Should probably post this in the gear section but figured it'd get a few more views and responses here. I'm looking for a new pair of boots for archery elk hunting in wet conditions. I've been wearing Kenetrek mountain extremes for three years now and for the most part they've been great, but chasing elk last week in the rain has me looking for another pair of boots to bring along next year for hunting in wet conditions. By day 2 the Kenetreks were pretty soggy. These boots will be worn for archery elk hunting, possibly mule deer and also a AK moose hunt in 2018. I've been mainly looking at schnees but I'm open to other suggestions but they must be good for multiple days of hunting in wet conditions. I would like to hear from guys that have been hunting with a pair of boots for multiple years.

I really like my Kenetrek Grizzly pacs for wet conditions. I don't hunt archery anymore, so I use the lined ones, as I am in snow often. A pair of Schnee, or Kenetrek un-lined would be good, I would think.

I wear my Schnee's Hunter II's for any wet or snow conditions. Even with the insulation, I find them to be quite comfortable even up into the 60's. If your feet tend to get hot, you might want to consider an uninsulated option. I've had these boots for 11 years - the most comfortable I own.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VaDon
Back