Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Book cliffs muzzy deer tag

HUNTNNW

I drew a book cliffs muzzy deer tag in the random draw this year and really wasnt expecting to draw for sometime. I am stoked to hunt some new country and see alot of deer from what I have gathered in my research. Already got some great advice from a local where they have killed some big bucks the last couple years.Should be a cool and fun hunt.

Great hunt in one of the most dense deer populations I have seen. Lot's of good bucks there, 10-12 decent bucks in a day is normal. There are a few exceptional deer there.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Practice up with the muzzy and make sure all is right with the sight mechanism. :)

I'll double check the sights after reading your story :)

Yes 1x scopes are legal and so are red dot scopes which is what I am going with after researching the better option.

Congrats on a great tag,I have enough points to draw that tag now but drew a Co.61 3rd season deer tag for this year.While hunting moose with a friend in Wy.talked to some guys from Utah who had that tag and said just what T-Bone said.I hope you do well and enjoy a great hunt.

Thought Id update the thread. I made it down there 4 days before it opened to scout and get the country somewhat figured out before it opened. I found the first night a 170" 3 pt with no fronts..biggest 3pt I have ever seen.. 2 mornings later I walked up on a 27-28" wide 4x4 with a sticker that I figured was close to 175-180" and he was with a 28" 4x4 with a big inline on one of his forks I figured he was pushing 190" .. I figured out where my spike camp was going to be and was super excited for the opener!! well that faded as I couldnt turn up anything near the size of the bucks I had saw plus the 90 deg days were wearing on me. The miles were adding up. On day 5 I stalked a 26-27" 3x4 and I got to where I thought he would be 40-50 yards below me and he had moved closer while I was moving in and was bedded 20 ft from me and he blew out. Next morning I found him again I watched him bed in a great spot to stalk,so I began my way over to him as I got onto the ridge he was on I glassed a patch of shade under some trees and there was 4 bucks laying there! they were 224 yards I tucked under a big spruce tree and they had no clue I was there. There was one decent buck a perfect 4 I decided to take with only 2 days left in the hunt. There was no way to get closer as they were surrounded by oakbrush and sage. I had practiced all summer at 220 yards, so I took my spotter of my tripod and tossed my pullover on the top and layed muzzy on it and got out shooting sticks and put under stock to make a bench rest. I then just waited for him to stand. Once he did it was all over and he ran 30 yards. Was a fun time hunting a new area and seeing new country. Met some cool people. If I could just draw the elk tag haha! saw some really nice bulls!!

some pics of the area i was in

Dandy buck! Congrats!

BTW, what scope is that? I've not seen a 1X scope with an elevation turret.

I have been stacking deer points for quite some time waiting on a goat tag. You sure make the Book Cliffs worth thinking about. Great buck.

Dandy buck! Congrats!

BTW, what scope is that? I've not seen a 1X scope with an elevation turret.
its a viper pst with the magnifier removed...custom vortex scope.. able to dial up the dot with the turrets...it worked great

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back