Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Book cliffs muzzy deer tag

HUNTNNW

I drew a book cliffs muzzy deer tag in the random draw this year and really wasnt expecting to draw for sometime. I am stoked to hunt some new country and see alot of deer from what I have gathered in my research. Already got some great advice from a local where they have killed some big bucks the last couple years.Should be a cool and fun hunt.

Great hunt in one of the most dense deer populations I have seen. Lot's of good bucks there, 10-12 decent bucks in a day is normal. There are a few exceptional deer there.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Practice up with the muzzy and make sure all is right with the sight mechanism. :)

I'll double check the sights after reading your story :)

Yes 1x scopes are legal and so are red dot scopes which is what I am going with after researching the better option.

Congrats on a great tag,I have enough points to draw that tag now but drew a Co.61 3rd season deer tag for this year.While hunting moose with a friend in Wy.talked to some guys from Utah who had that tag and said just what T-Bone said.I hope you do well and enjoy a great hunt.

Thought Id update the thread. I made it down there 4 days before it opened to scout and get the country somewhat figured out before it opened. I found the first night a 170" 3 pt with no fronts..biggest 3pt I have ever seen.. 2 mornings later I walked up on a 27-28" wide 4x4 with a sticker that I figured was close to 175-180" and he was with a 28" 4x4 with a big inline on one of his forks I figured he was pushing 190" .. I figured out where my spike camp was going to be and was super excited for the opener!! well that faded as I couldnt turn up anything near the size of the bucks I had saw plus the 90 deg days were wearing on me. The miles were adding up. On day 5 I stalked a 26-27" 3x4 and I got to where I thought he would be 40-50 yards below me and he had moved closer while I was moving in and was bedded 20 ft from me and he blew out. Next morning I found him again I watched him bed in a great spot to stalk,so I began my way over to him as I got onto the ridge he was on I glassed a patch of shade under some trees and there was 4 bucks laying there! they were 224 yards I tucked under a big spruce tree and they had no clue I was there. There was one decent buck a perfect 4 I decided to take with only 2 days left in the hunt. There was no way to get closer as they were surrounded by oakbrush and sage. I had practiced all summer at 220 yards, so I took my spotter of my tripod and tossed my pullover on the top and layed muzzy on it and got out shooting sticks and put under stock to make a bench rest. I then just waited for him to stand. Once he did it was all over and he ran 30 yards. Was a fun time hunting a new area and seeing new country. Met some cool people. If I could just draw the elk tag haha! saw some really nice bulls!!

some pics of the area i was in

Dandy buck! Congrats!

BTW, what scope is that? I've not seen a 1X scope with an elevation turret.

I have been stacking deer points for quite some time waiting on a goat tag. You sure make the Book Cliffs worth thinking about. Great buck.

Dandy buck! Congrats!

BTW, what scope is that? I've not seen a 1X scope with an elevation turret.
its a viper pst with the magnifier removed...custom vortex scope.. able to dial up the dot with the turrets...it worked great

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back