Boise Wolf Delisting Hearing 3/6/07 report

Interesting how all the comments that LeanWolf expended energy to relate were from poorly spoken opponents of delisting. Leanwolf felt no need to relay on comments from the proponents of delisting, coherent or not.

His bias obviously shows.

Interesting how all the comments that LeanWolf expended energy to relate were from poorly spoken opponents of delisting. Leanwolf felt no need to relay on comments from the proponents of delisting, coherent or not.

...and you would certainly be the expert on 'bias'. :rolleyes:

Again, Leanwolf, you should post more often.:cool:

In my opinion, even if the Idaho wolves are delisted, it will be a long, long time before there is any hunting of them. The various groups of anti-delisting/anti-hunting, will be throwing so many lawsuits against the hunts it will be years, if ever, any wolves are legally killed by hunters. And they have unlimited amounts of $$$$$.

This is a point I made repeatedly when this topic heated up a year ago. Over and over I was told it was a done deal, that a legal wolf hunt would happen soon. Anyone who thought different was a paranoid wako. Well I guess you boys shouldn't be counting your wolf tags just yet.
My offer of a bet still stands;
'I say, "No public wolf hunts in the lower 48 by the next presidential election"
Any takers ?:D

Jose Cuervo, I posted "Aside from the usual "My wolf biology is better than your wolf biology" arguments, ..."

It is more than obvious that you are unable to comprehend that statement within the context of a "pro and con" presentation at a meeting. Given your rather juvenile statement, let me explain it so that you might (hopefully??) understand it.

The various groups and interests there that night presented their biological and financial points of view and concerns. Those were related in the newspaper article posted above, from "The Idaho Statesman." Obviously, you either failed to read the posted article or were unable to understand anything in it, as it laid out both sides of the delisting fight.

I addressed that in my "My wolf biology is better than your wolf biology," statement.

What I posted were a number of comments from more than a few anti-delisting/anti-wolf management advocates in the audience, which were either illogical, or disingenous. THEY WERE NOT NOTED in the "Statesman" article.

In addition, the usual "name calling" was very apparent from many of the pro-wolf/anti-delisting people who spoke, referring to hunters as "gun nuts," "butchers," "wolf slaughterers," "red necks," "trophy killers," and other denigrating terms.

Conversely, the pro-delisting/pro-wolf mangement people did NOT stoop to the grade school level of the anti-delisting people by calling them various names. The "Statesman" did NOT report this.

Had the wolf management advocates stooped to call the anti-delisting advocates silly, juvenile names, I would have posted that here, also. Name calling is non-productive in any logical discussion.

My "bias" was showing??

With 650/700 gray wolves in Idaho, which is 4 1/2 times more than the original plan authorized, and more being born each year, yes, I am in favor of a managed hunting season of the gray wolves. I am NOT in favor of eradicating them. If that is "biased" on my part, then so be it.

L.W.

Conversely, the pro-delisting/pro-wolf mangement people did NOT stoop to the grade school level of the anti-delisting people by calling them various names. The "Statesman" did NOT report this.

Had the wolf management advocates stooped to call the anti-delisting advocates silly, juvenile names, I would have posted that here, also. Name calling is non-productive in any logical discussion.

L.W.

That is amazing that all the Wolf Haters that testified were well spoken, used solid logic. That is a first in the state of Idaho.

Unless, of course, you were biased into thinking rednecks are logical.... :D

Back