Court Rules Against Wolf Delisting in Great Lakes

Maybe......I live right in the thick of wolf country, and most of the guys claiming they are gut shooting wolves spend more time in a bar than in the woods. Also, some of these hound guys are going to shoot wolves no matter what. I will still fully support hound hunting, but my faith and respect in that batch of hunters to follow any rules or regulations has completely gone out the window (and this ain't coming from some liberal living in D.C.) As far as "it is what it is", I guess I have a higher standard for people who hunt. Shooting a listed species is not good for the overall image of hunting. Bragging about taking matters into one's own hands in terms of wildlife management is not good for the future of hunting. Bragging about gut shooting animals is not good for the future of hunting. If these comments on social media made it out to the general public of Wisconsin, how do you think they would view us as hunters?
I thought it was BS too, not too sure anymore. This isn't the "gut shoot them" guys, it's hound hunters that say they get them running yotes in the winter. I thought a wolf would rip the dogs up but they claim a lone wolf will cut and run instead of fight and they shoot them in the same manner as Yotes. BS?? I don't know. I never hound hunted so I cannot say. I do far less complains have been heard about wolves and I doubt they were trapped or removed by the authorities. Central WI rednecks for sure.

I am not "afraid" of anti-hunters. My concern lies with the 95% of people who really do not care about hunting one way or the other. Overall most people support hunting, but it is not a real important issue to them. However, you start getting a bunch of big-mouths bragging about gut shooting a listed species and suddenly some of those people in the middle start moving over to the anti-hunting side.

I agree with you Northwoods. I'm in Central Wisconsin and the kind of crap you hear sitting on a barstool is just shameful and embarrassing to us hunting who really care about the overall image of our community. People bragging about breaking federal laws by "gut shooting them", "shoot-shovel-shut up" etc... And those are the folks who will never do anything to positively advance hunting or game management. Thinking they will "take care of it themselves", they do nothing but hurt us all big picture.

When an animal becomes a legal game animal, it becomes more valuable to the hunting community. It becomes more likely that the hunting community will self police.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ram0307
Back