Bobcat season in ohio a possibility?

They've been trying for a few years here in Indiana. I'd not be surprised to see a limited/quota type season on them in the next couple. Heck, they allow river otters on a quota here.

Having a neighboring state start a new season might be a good catalyst for getting one in Ohio

We have had a bobcat season for 4-5 yrs now or more. The cats are expanding and now I have them on my own property. So, yes, it can and probably will happen. I'd never shoot one, but the season is expanding and that's a good sign.

We have had a bobcat season for 4-5 yrs now or more. The cats are expanding and now I have them on my own property. So, yes, it can and probably will happen. I'd never shoot one, but the season is expanding and that's a good sign.
I wasn't aware of a season on bobcats in OHIO.

No
I was a bit vague there. I'm in Iowa. I think Ohio and other midwestern states are on similar trajectories. Ohio's time will come. Probably soon.
I hope so they are think on my trail cams.

Indiana seems to be pushing hard towards a season. A friend has 2-3 pictures a week of bobcats on his property in Jackson county, IN. Another friend that lives in Oxford, Ohio sent me the below picture last fall. FDF0254E-F46D-4FE1-8B7F-6A1E84749C61.jpeg

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back