Blowhards, blowing winds, and bashful bucks

Congratulations! That’s a bunch of tags for that short amount of time. And man that’s one dirty car!!
Yeah for sure. I was very happy with how well the car did. Obviously had to keep a little more momentum up, thus some big splashes, but I never bottomed out in the ruts or struggled to find traction.

Morning after we got back my 2 year old looked outside and saw my car and goes "daddys car dirty, ewww, need wash it"

Great hunt!
He probably messed with you b/c your plates were from back east. This is why you should always have a a local plate on your hunting rig. Even if you swiped a Colorado one it'd be believable and he'd probably not bothered you. Could also be that you camped on "his" elk?
Throw this one on in a pinch and you're generally safe from everyone except sheep ranchers...

virginia plate 3.jpg

Great writeup! As a native NCer "temporarily living in KY" it is good to hear that story. My hunting buddy & I made 6 trips to WY antelope, elk & mule deer. Were successful on the first two but scratched on the mulies. That was the last trip. He died of cancer so no more. We also did them all in a Subaru, and I am convinced they will go ALMOST anywhere a pickup will. Just have chains & a comealong. I bought & modified a harbor freight trailer that works great and allows for plenty of room for gear & coolers. It also pulls very easily behind my Outback. It is an automatic hookup on any hunting trip.

Attachments

• Hunting Rig.JPG
    Hunting Rig.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 5
GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avidsomething
Back