BLM Road # Question

OpenCountry

Each year I try to expand my knowledge in the area I hunt elk at just in case somebody else is already hunting in the other areas I usually hunt. I'm looking at a couple chunks of BLM land that have a BLM road number that runs through them (BLM road marking on the map is within the BLM sections on the map). All the roads that come off the main public roads seem to cross over private and then hit the BLM section. My question is if the chunks of BLM land have a boxed in BLM road number on them does that mean it originates off the main public road at some point? I know some other roads in the area take you through private and public but the landowners just have their sections clearly marked. I've drove around most of the border of these new BLM sections but never found a BLM road marking close to the road. I noticed other landlocked BLM sections don't have the BLM road numbers within the BLM sections so I wasn't sure if there is a way into these new sections.

I've looked on the cadastral maps but didn't find much information there either. Any other systems I can check out? I have a voicemail into the game warden to see if he can help me out too.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

I call/email the appropriate blm office, find out who has the whiskers to make decisions and deal with that person exclusively. I have them email their road overlays, I mark them up and send back, they then provide easement info in a return email.

If in WY, many counties are now linking their current GIS docs on their home page showing county roads open to public travel and where that public access ends.

Your best bet is to call the local field office and ask about the specific roads. I don't know of any markers on blm maps that indicate an easement. If there isone I'd also like to know about it.

I should've put that this is in Montana in the original post. I'll call the BLM office and see if they can give me a solid answer. Thanks for the replies so far.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back