MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

BLM Advocating for increased EBike use

I guess it depends what the meaning of save is.

Greatly increasing the amount of traffic an area gets, generally lessens its wildlife value.
I get it, not a simple problem with a simple solution. The way the chips are falling, saving public lands is going to be done with necessary support of tens of millions of Democrat voters from urban areas - their vision of how to experience these lands is likely different than the traditional hunter.

I get it, not a simple problem with a simple solution. The way the chips are falling, saving public lands is going to be done with necessary support of tens of millions of Democrat voters from urban areas - their vision of how to experience these lands is likely different than the traditional hunter.

If we end up with tens of millions of people riding e-bikes on trails all over the place, we might as well lose them.

By in large most urban dwellers aren't that interested in riding a bike on an arid piece of land a thousand plus miles from home. They'd rather tour thru Yellowstone in their family van.

My crystal ball can't see fifty years into the future, but public lands will be public as far as I can see.

Horses, e.bikes, regular bicycles should all be treated the same, either you allow all of them in an area or allow none of them. I'm perfectly fine with only allowing travel on foot for hunting. What would the logic be for allowing horses over e.bikes? Someone earlier said that riding an e.bike up a hill was easy, easier than sitting on a horse? I've used bikes on trails, most of them are so torn up by horses that its no fun to ride a bike on them. A bike certainly does not make hunting anywhere near as easy as having horses does. Horses are a lot bigger advantage for hunting, to those who can afford them.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back