Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Blazer vanes vs QuikSpin vanes

highmountian

What do you guys think about the quikspin vanes, and or compared to blazer vanes! Just want everybodies thoughts! Thanks.

Forgot to say that I shoot blazer vanes but just don't know anyone that shoots the quikspins. Maybe I just answered mayself.. :)

The NAP rep gave me some of the Quick Spin shrink wrap style fletchings to try out.... which I did.

They flew just fine, and I didn't see any noticible difference in stability or accuracy as compared to my blazers. The one thing I did notice is that they make more noise.... Hind of a hiss.

Since I was gearing up to hunt grizzly bears, and figured I wanted to be sure he didn't know where the arrow was coming from, I peeled them off and went back to blazers.

The lesson I learned: Why mess with a good thing. If it works, stick with it.

Elkwhisper

Last edited:
Elkwhisper thanks for the info, kinda what I thought! Ya I wouldn't want browny to know either!!!! Thanks again!

I've also heard they slow your arrow down. Some people won't shoot them beyond 40 yards.

I shot them for a year, both for target and hunting. Both of the previous comments above I found to be true. I didn't have any problems with them accuracy wise but beyond about 35 yards they did slow my arrow down significantly. They are also much more noisy. I usually shoot Vane-Tec vanes but this past season I ran out and had to shoot Blasers and liked then. I was unable to eval durability of the Blasers compared to the Vane-Tec but I have always found the Vane-Tec's to be very strong. Just my 2 cents.

Fiveptbill Thanks, That is good info. Just thought I would ask what people thought, sure appreciate it. I will stick to blazers cause that what I have been shooting. I really didn't think about the noise factor entill everyone comments!. I bet they do stablize though.

I've been trying the Quick Spin's, but they keep coming off. I think they catch a bit too much through my Whisker Bisquit.

I've been shooting quick spins for several years now (started with 4" vanes and went to 3"last year) and I've never heard the noise that was mentioned about them . As for them slowing down , I only shoot out to 40 and it didn't change my pin when I first switched . Never tried the heat shrink type ; maybe that's part of the replies contrary to my findings .:confused:

What ever , just stating field tested results . Not durable ? Don't think you really used them if you would say that .

have used both blazers as well as nap quick spins and find that over time the blazers tend to hold up better that the quick spins as far as the drag and all that people are talking about I haven't had this problem yet I shoot a mathews I have used the nap quick fletch products which you put on using water and I loved them easy fix for remote hunts when a fletching jig isn't and option

I first started shooting blazers then my archery shop told me quickspins were the cats meow so i switched over to them. 2 days later I walked back into the archery shop and asked for my blazers back. The quickspins were not at all accurate with my broadheads; they worked great with field points but were all over the target with broadheads. That was my final lesson in learning if something works why change it.

Thanks all that have responded. Kinda what I thought. Never hurts to ask, right? Thanks again. I have another question coming soon!

I've been using Duravanes fusion Vanes for the past 2 years. Amazing! I feel like i've had better broadhead flight compared to the Blazers.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
K9TXS
Back