Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Blast from the Past, lets see them

1980 Owyhee County Idaho buck.........he lived under the rimrock behind me.
Great story I'd share with anyone over a cold one.

paulbuck1980.jpg

not the best pics but by far my best whitetails !

Attachments

• FLA8.jpg
    FLA8.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 224
  • TENN10.jpg
    TENN10.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 228
  • WIS9.jpg
    WIS9.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 228
  • WIS10.jpg
    WIS10.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 225
No singing from me Bambi...couldn't carry a tune in a bucket ;)

....as for the "signs" (just messing with ya) those were in my in-laws old rock shop when they sold the place there in Darby...didn't think they should be part of the purchase so they were "confiscated" for a second time :D

Marv, nice office you have there. but it looks to me like there might be more hunting than work going on there.LOL. I see your pheasant on the wall there, here is a couple of mine I have done.

Attachments

• pheasants.jpg
    pheasants.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 267
Thanks Efarmer...whats a office if a guy can't daydream a bit LOL!
I've got another pheasant mount and a pintail in the works...still waiting on
a decent muley and whitetail though!

This is my best buck. I got him with a muzzleloader.
021583.jpg

After i got mine Kasi wanted one. This is her buck she got when she was 12. Ron

021603.jpg

I'll try and add some of my own here, just got them scanned in. The first is a picture of me with a deer my dad got when I would guess I was about 3 or 4. I remeber sitting on a rock with my grandma while my dad and grandpa were slipping in on him. The pic is on the front porch of our house. The second is of me with my first buck when I was 12. The pic is in the front yard, we ran out of daylight so no field pics. Can also be seen in Speers 12th reloading manual, thanks dad. The last one is the biggest oops I've made while hunting. I missed a great 30 in muley the weekend before and dad and I went back the next weekend. The big one was the only buck we had seen so when we spotted this buck we didn't waste alot of time judging him and the sun was in our face, we just asssumed it was him, talk about serious ground shrinkage, but when you're young a deer is a deer, still can see the big one in my head though. Taught me to take my time and really look them over.

Attachments

• Me w Dads buck.2.jpg
    Me w Dads buck.2.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 242
  • Mulwy 1, 1st deer.2.jpg
    Mulwy 1, 1st deer.2.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 223
  • Oops Buck.2.jpg
    Oops Buck.2.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 275
Alright heres some more since that worked out. The first one was my first whitetail buck. Shot him with my mom and aunt. We were meeting the rest of our party and just kinda talking normally not really paying attention when I spotted him feeding in that little meadow. Didn't get a great look but figured he was good enough. After I shot him I was hoping he was bigger than a three point since my cousin almost shot a three the day before and I'd gave him a hard time about a three point just being a fork with eyeguards. I was tickled when he was a 5 point on both sides. The other is my best muley to date. He's about 27 inches wide 3x4, but his beams aren't very long and his forks stink, but he's my best. Got him in the same canyon as the other two in my previous post. I've probably only seen a couple bucks better than him in that canyon. Bad genetics and lots of big two points. I couldn't find any pics of another whitetail buck I got, may have to do a little more searching.

Attachments

• Camp Whitey.2.jpg
    Camp Whitey.2.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 278
  • 1998 Muley.2.jpg
    1998 Muley.2.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 297
Back