Blast from the Past, lets see them

elkfarmer

Blast from the Past, lets see yours too

1st buck I shot in 1985, me, my 2 brothers and dad put on a little drive. 17 yrs old what a way to start. 2nd pic is a buck I shot in 2000 opening day of shot gun. I stood up in my stand at first light and turned to see him stop when my stand sqeaked. hit the grunt call and he came in. The 3rd pic is a buck I shot opening day in 2002, he came in, nose to the ground on my tink69 trail. he is on the wall because I wanted to try taxidermy and he is my first deer I mounted. some mistakes but he turned out good.

Attachments

• 1985.jpg
    1985.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 528
  • 2000.jpg
    2000.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 531
  • 2002.jpg
    2002.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 509
Sweet drop tine! That's a throphy wether it was your first or not. Congrats!

Heres a few of mine. Looks like the boy stuffed a arrow knock in the nostril of the nontyp!!
old%20bucks%20002.jpg

old%20bucks%20003.jpg

old%20bucks%20005.jpg

old%20bucks%20006.jpg

I can't even remember for sure when I shot this one but it was a few years back in the very early 80's. Shot it during a terrible rain storm. Uh I am much older now.
jimmys%20big%20buck.jpg

Well it won't post for some reason. I tried. It was a big wide 10 pt with good mass. Big body too.

Dammit Trent. How am I supposed to accomplish anything after looking at the success you have had over the years. That 2001 ML buck is amazing and I love seeing the areas you have hunted. Thanks for the link.

Yea thanks OSOK, but what is the deal with your "01 mistake buck"?

mtmiller, by the looks of it you are on the right path, you got some horns there.

Smalts, nice pics. I like the one with a nock in its nose.

lets see some more.....

Craig,

You Montana boy's aren't the only one's that get lucky from time to time! ;) This state has been known to produce a few goodies now and again. The one's I remember the best are some of the "Freaks" that got away over the years...

EF,

Growing up in Mule deer country I taught myself to judge deer by tine length more so than anything. That whity was my second trip ever chasing them. He came out real late like they do alot of times just at last shooting light. I saw a side profile, nice length I thought to myself. He turned his head and he was outside his ears by 3-4" on each side. So I dropped him opening evening of the hunt. Ended up being a 2.5 y/o deer that I've kicked myself for shooting ever since... I've learned since then to pay more attention to mass/browtines along w/ the rest of the deers characteristics when it comes to rat deer. He did eat pretty well. Everytime I think about it, I wonder what he would've looked like in another 3 or 4 years though.

Was sitting in my office reading this thread and decided to spin around with the digi-cam and snap a few "blasts from the pasts" hanging on the walls ;) ...when I look at some of my mounts I realize that I haven't always mounted the "biggest" critters but more often those that the hunts meant more to me "memory wise" .....

2005_0221Image0101.jpg

2005_0221Image0103.jpg

2005_0221Image0108.jpg

NICE deer yalll like one with arrow in nose lookslike buger lol sorry just came to mind nice ones guys congrats :D

The Past

A few from the past

Attachments

• MVC-019S.JPG
    MVC-019S.JPG
    18.4 KB · Views: 257
  • MVC-017S.JPG
    MVC-017S.JPG
    19.7 KB · Views: 256
My first buck

Here's a blast from the past and 22 year old taxidermy. I've considered having it re-mounted on a different cape (has a nasty bullet scar on the neck). But after seeing some of the others here, there's some nostalgic value to the original.

Greenhorn,
did you ever shoot anything small? Your first buck was better then most guys "best" buck.

Nemont

Nemont...I was thinking the exact same thing :D

Greenhorn, ya didn't have to close your eyes on that last one...we won't hold it against you man! LOL The only animal I've ever had "redone" is that big
blacktail in the picture....the velvet was shot and it looked like crap so I had the artificial velvet put back on. Looks basically like it did the day I stuck him and now it'll last 4-ever.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallguy
Back