PEAX Equipment

Black or Grizz

Black or Grizz

• Black bear

Votes: 114 87.0%
  • Grizz

Votes: 17 13.0%

• Total voters
Haha, this thread has been slightly embarrassing with the overwhelming response 'black bear'. I'm sure if I had more pics of the bear it would've been more obvious. Or if I got to see the thing in person. but yeah 'if I have to ask its probably a black bear'

Last year in archery, I spent a while watching three different bears come into a kill and push each other off and there was no question what they were. The distance was about 250 yards. A036E987-33AC-4301-837E-E44F714B132A_1_201_a.jpeg5C565EB4-FF2D-4A96-BA38-3592BF779893_1_201_a.jpeg92466E23-7985-4981-B32C-7C178F3F3909_1_201_a.jpeg

Last edited:
When I took that quiz previously I learned that I occasionally misidentify a black bear as a griz, but never misidentify a griz as a black bear. So, since this one didn't immediately make my brain go "griz!" I assumed black bear.

I thought it was a pretty good-sized bear
Great camera location! My next question would have been if you had other critters on camera there for a size comparison. But in my absence, you threw some great photos up. That Mountain Lion is really cool to capture, and also in about the exact location as that bear, so it scales it well. I'm sure there are many a hunt-talkers that have pulled the trigger, or know someone who did, on a bear that looked like the belly was on the ground and appeared huge, only to find out it was a 2 year old enjoying their first solo foray. I've got a Toy Australian Shepherd that weighs 9lbs, but looks the same size as 20lb dogs due to his fluff and how his stance. Point being- if you "think" it's big, it could be. But when they're big, you'll know it. Just like those Grizz pics!

It's a black bear facing slightly down hill with one leg up which rolls the shoulder back and up and judging by what I see I'm saying adult sow and not overly large

Thats also a black bear climbing on the log all 4 legs are together he's slightly uphill and it's a mature boar but again not a huge bear but really nice for montana

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishing-Moka
Back