Black bear on a budget

chris c

I would like some advice on black bear hunting. I have a strong desire to try bear hunting this fall but I'm on a fixed budget and can only afford about $1000.00. I thought this price pretty much would limit me to Maine. What do you guys think? I would really appreciate any outfitter/guide recommendations or warnings from bad experience. Please e-mail me off line at [email protected], if you don't feel comfortable posting here. Thanks for any input.

Chris

Chris C welocome to the camp fire!!!! you can deffinetly can do a bear hunt in maine for money.Tobey just came on board and posted in the hound section also bcat has a friend in maine and they are both guides and can probably answer any questions!!!! i can recommend someone for an archery hunt if thats what your looking for????? last year in amine we had a bumper crop of natural food which made baiting very difficult, dont know how it affected the hound hunters but be aware of the natural food sources and how they are doing before booking a baited hunt it can make a very big difference. just my .02 hope this helps!!! glad ya stopped in hope ya stay awhile!!

------------------
"in the Spring we Strut and in the Fall we Rut"
ff1158a8.gif.orig.gif

Chris, welcome to the board! DKO gave you some good contacts. I have read Tobey's post over at another board all year and he really seams to know what he is doing. Also if bcat says George is good, then I will bet George is real good! bcat tells it like it is! No BS about him! You can go to the Hound section and contact bcat and Tobey.

Originally posted by chris c:
I would like some advice on black bear hunting. I have a strong desire to try bear hunting this fall but I'm on a fixed budget and can only afford about $1000.00. I thought this price pretty much would limit me to Maine. What do you guys think? I would really appreciate any outfitter/guide recommendations or warnings from bad experience. Please e-mail me off line at [email protected], if you don't feel comfortable posting here. Thanks for any input.

Chris

Hey Chris,
You can certainly find a good hunt in Maine for that kind of money.I just booked my first one for this fall.I spent alot of time doing research, and you'll want to be careful who you book.You can contact me if you'd like to discuss all the info I found.
Mike

[This message has been edited by VPHUNTER (edited 01-21-2001).]

I would ALSO Like to Welcome you guys to Moosies site...... He's an Alright guy and HAs a great forum....

UHhhhhh Oh ya thats me!!!
biggrin.gif

Seriously though... Bear hunting is one of my favorite things to do, I should have another good story here in a couple of months!!!!! I have never used a guide but the Amount of money I spend on Baiting I would Sure come out ahead I think!!

------------------
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI> AKA Moose Hunter
<LI> www.huntandlodge.com

moose.gif

[/list]

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member