Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Bison follow up

Base for mount turned out great, pictures don't do it justice and will fit in my house perfect. I stained the alder in dark walnut and has beautiful depth that pic can't even show. The bison will hang on this aspen with its head turned towards me. The plywood is getting finished in just dirt/vegetation. Going to look amazing!
IMG_20230113_080807.jpgIMG_20230112_092137.jpg

Time to finally wrap up this thread as the mount is home! Have some pictures to hang of all the people who helped make it possible. The Boone and Crockett cert and the age data is going on wall next to it. Got 2 (recovered) of the 3 300 grain partitions to put somewhere on it. Always had a fondness for bison that i think is from all the cowboy/indian and old west movies growing up..lol. A mature bull Bison has always been #1 in my desire to hunt and to harvest a 16.5 old bull in the AB is really special to me. If anyone has a need for a top notch taxidermist in northwest Wyoming let me know, my guy does museum quiality work (literally, side story) at more than fair prices. Pictures dont even come close to show size and detail of this mount, couldnt be happier with it!
IMG_20230421_152540.jpg29870.jpeg29880.jpeg

Time to finally wrap up this thread as the mount is home! Have some pictures to hang of all the people who helped make it possible. The Boone and Crockett cert and the age data is going on wall next to it. Got 2 (recovered) of the 3 300 grain partitions to put somewhere on it. Always had a fondness for bison that i think is from all the cowboy/indian and old west movies growing up..lol. A mature bull Bison has always been #1 in my desire to hunt and to harvest a 16.5 old bull in the AB is really special to me. If anyone has a need for a top notch taxidermist in northwest Wyoming let me know, my guy does museum quiality work (literally, side story) at more than fair prices. Pictures dont even come close to show size and detail of this mount, couldnt be happier with it!
View attachment 272897View attachment 272898View attachment 272899
Dang that’s awesome and huge!

Man, that's Awesome! I remember reading the thread. Bison is high on my list to hunt, I wish it wasn't so hard or expensive to get a tag. I put in WY the last two years but gave up on them after they passed the price increase to 6k. Hopefully, AZ or UT will come thru one day, if not I'll probably move to WY!

Awesome bull and great looking mount!! I'm so jealous. I drew a bison permit a while ago in Gardiner and never had an opportunity at one. That year as well as subsequent years nobody got one as they didn't migrate out of the Park and cross the river during the season. I'd give my left testicle to shoot a bull like that. You did that behemoth justice with that mount. Congrats!

Now that will be a conversation piece for many years to come! I really like the looks of the mount as it was well done and well thought out.

Curious about this. Can you elaborate if you get a chance?
Well not to derail the thread, but I don't really care to hunt bison and don't put in even though the west side hunt is literally my backyard. I went along with a friend on his tag quite a few days last winter, it was fine but low on my priority list. No reason to put my name in the hat when there are thousands who would enjoy it more.

In terms of bison mounts, in my opinion they mostly look more alike than different. I think this one strikes a great balance between unique-to-the-hunt and classy.

Back