Caribou Gear Tarp

Bipods??

jore07

Anyone use the new Shooters Ridge bipods? I believe they are the ones that swivel side to side so you can rotate your rifle without resetting the bipod every time.

I am just curious how they performed, good, bad or otherwise.

My concern would be that the swivel is to loose making it easy to pull off your target.

Are you sure they actually rotate? I've been looking for a bipod that rotates for a while, with little luck. Shooter's Ridge, Harris, and others make them that tilt so that you can level the rifle. The Stoney Point Polecat bipod will rotate, but I've heard their durability leaves something to be desired.

Yeah I am pretty sure I've never actually seen them but I saw a commercial for them on the Outdoor Channel when I was watching one of OYOA shows on my DVR. I'll try to find it again and let you know for sure...

Take a look at the Snipe Pod, I have had it for a couple of years and really like it. It will rotate pretty much any direction and is very light weight but still durable.

CABugle

I have a few of the Shooters Ridge bipods in various heights.

There is both a rotating and a non-rotating model. They are good for the money, just watch out for the screws/nuts loosening up and disappearing on you. I loctite mine.

On strenous hunts, I definetly prefer my snipe pod.

I used to, and sometimes still do, make my own shooting sticks from what I can pick up or cut while on a hunt. I always keep a zip-tie or 2 with me for this and other uses that may arise.

Any rest is usually better than none.

Good Shooting!
Jeff

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back