Bipod for moose?

nmtaxi

For those of you that have been out there, is there any use for an 18" bipod on a rifle in moose country? All the videos and pictures I've seen, the brush is so high, that I don't see a use for it. But I know it'll be different when I'm out there. Any opinions?

In most moose hunting situations a bipod is just extra bulk and weight... You may be able to shoot from a ridge or elevated area of open tundra, but more likely you'll be in the willows or alders...A moose is a pretty big target and if you do get a chance for a good prone or sitting shot, your pack will probably provide all the rest that you need...

Hunting CARIBOU, however, often takes place in wide open spaces where you can flop down on your belly most anywhere for a good steady prone shot with a bipod...I've shot 9 caribou, and every one of them has been shot from prone position with a 8-13" bipod...

If your weight allows, you can always take the bipod along and take it off or put it on as terrain dictates...If I were hunting strictly moose I'd leave it home..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back