Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

binos

HUNT2MUCH

I've narrowed my search down to a couple of binos, the Bushnell legends and the Nikon ATB, anyone own either?? comments welcome

h2m

I got a pair of Nikon 8 X 40 ATBs last fall, they worked great last deer season. Very clear optics, maby not as good as the thousand dollar euro binos, but for less that $300 they are very good.

I have the baush&lomb discoverer series and really like them alot! they are a division of bushnell!!! and have the same exact features as the Ellites just cheaper!! i spoke to a bushnell rep. before buying them and they said the same components (prisms lens coatings,nitrogen purged etc..)go into each, one is bushnell and one is baush&lomb (marketing gimmick)

if i remember the monarch atb's were water resistant not water proof!! ,but its seems they are now waterproof ?!?
i got mine through bear basin for $300.00.
just my .02 GOOD LUCK!

------------------

fef8b783.gif.orig.gif

[This message has been edited by DKO (edited 03-28-2001).]

I just bought a pair of nikon monarch 10x40 and they are waterproof and fogproof. they seem great for the money and you cant beat the warranty.

For all of you that have Bino's I thought I would let you know about a product that Steve now has on the market.
He designed a Adapter that allow's you to use a tripod ,We found in the hunting that we do we like to carry a smaller pair of bino's as we hike alot,but we also needed a tripod mount to really be steady when picking a place apart.What we found was that there was not anything out there that would work for us.
Steve being a Machinest came up with several designs and we think we now have a great produce out there that is very light weight and will adapt to fit a wide range of barrel sizes.We also have a piece that fit's a spotting scope and works with the same post that come's with the bino adapter, all of these together weigh just under 4oz. and are made with a pin design that allows for a true quick mount and releise.The other thing we really like about this is that while on a tripod it gives you more movement and it works great even on a side hill.Lots of movement between the post and the tripod.
We found that by using a tripod to really steady the bino's it is like using a better pair with out the higher price.
Steve and I both are using swarovski 8x30 and this system has been great. If anyone want's more info please drop us an email.

Back