Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

binos

HUNT2MUCH

I've narrowed my search down to a couple of binos, the Bushnell legends and the Nikon ATB, anyone own either?? comments welcome

h2m

I got a pair of Nikon 8 X 40 ATBs last fall, they worked great last deer season. Very clear optics, maby not as good as the thousand dollar euro binos, but for less that $300 they are very good.

I have the baush&lomb discoverer series and really like them alot! they are a division of bushnell!!! and have the same exact features as the Ellites just cheaper!! i spoke to a bushnell rep. before buying them and they said the same components (prisms lens coatings,nitrogen purged etc..)go into each, one is bushnell and one is baush&lomb (marketing gimmick)

if i remember the monarch atb's were water resistant not water proof!! ,but its seems they are now waterproof ?!?
i got mine through bear basin for $300.00.
just my .02 GOOD LUCK!

------------------

fef8b783.gif.orig.gif

[This message has been edited by DKO (edited 03-28-2001).]

I just bought a pair of nikon monarch 10x40 and they are waterproof and fogproof. they seem great for the money and you cant beat the warranty.

For all of you that have Bino's I thought I would let you know about a product that Steve now has on the market.
He designed a Adapter that allow's you to use a tripod ,We found in the hunting that we do we like to carry a smaller pair of bino's as we hike alot,but we also needed a tripod mount to really be steady when picking a place apart.What we found was that there was not anything out there that would work for us.
Steve being a Machinest came up with several designs and we think we now have a great produce out there that is very light weight and will adapt to fit a wide range of barrel sizes.We also have a piece that fit's a spotting scope and works with the same post that come's with the bino adapter, all of these together weigh just under 4oz. and are made with a pin design that allows for a true quick mount and releise.The other thing we really like about this is that while on a tripod it gives you more movement and it works great even on a side hill.Lots of movement between the post and the tripod.
We found that by using a tripod to really steady the bino's it is like using a better pair with out the higher price.
Steve and I both are using swarovski 8x30 and this system has been great. If anyone want's more info please drop us an email.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back