Caribou Gear Tarp

Bino’s for a guy with glasses

Ridgerunner6901

It seems like every time I get a new glasses rx my old faithful pair of swift binoculars get closer and closer and I can see less and less sight picture. I guess I should think about a new set for next year. Any suggestions of a Bino with a longer eye relief? I’m thinking an 8 or 10x, I’d prefer to stay under 500$ and have no brand loyalty.

Hey, I went through exactly this predicament, looking for a pair of binos that I can just put up to my glasses and not have to keep taking them off to glass. The pair I ended up settling on as the best for my purposes was the Meopta Meopro 8x42s. Excellent long eye relief at 20mm. I didn't find anything in that price range with that much eye relief, and I've been very happy with them. I also tried Maven C1s, Vortex Vipers, but ultimately kept the Meoptas. I recommend sticking with the 8x42 in whatever you go with, or if you feel you need 10x go with a 50mm as the eye relief will be longer and more forgiving. Without price as a consideration, the best I've looked through for a glasses wearer were the Leica Noctovids, but those are in the $2500-$3K range. Under $500 goes to the Meoptas.

had my eyes corrected with surgery 29 yrs ago, best decision i think i ever made. get it done , borrow if u need too

had my eyes corrected with surgery 29 yrs ago, best decision i think i ever made. get it done , borrow if u need too
i was very interested in this and after watching this procedure I resigned the knowing there isn’t enough Valium in the state to calm my eye phobia enuf to go in for that. My eyes start watering when someone else rubs their eyes! Glad you had good luck!

Hey, I went through exactly this predicament, looking for a pair of binos that I can just put up to my glasses and not have to keep taking them off to glass. The pair I ended up settling on as the best for my purposes was the Meopta Meopro 8x42s. Excellent long eye relief at 20mm. I didn't find anything in that price range with that much eye relief, and I've been very happy with them. I also tried Maven C1s, Vortex Vipers, but ultimately kept the Meoptas. I recommend sticking with the 8x42 in whatever you go with, or if you feel you need 10x go with a 50mm as the eye relief will be longer and more forgiving. Without price as a consideration, the best I've looked through for a glasses wearer were the Leica Noctovids, but those are in the $2500-$3K range. Under $500 goes to the Meoptas.
Thanks, I’ve been casually shopping , haven’t seen meoptas yet but will Definitely check them out

I don’t wear glasses except safety ones at the range. My leupolds have the eye piece that turns in. I can use those with my shooting glasses on and work fine. Bx-4 (maybe 5 cant remember).

Almost all binos have adjustable eye cups. I wear glasses, I just adjust the cups all the way in. Buy whatever glass you seem to like, go to a store that has a variety- Leupold, Vortex, Zeiss, etc... and you'll find which ones work for you and your budget.

I've finally gotten to the point where i need to wear mine in the field.
Luckily i had bought a set of Vortex Raptor binos previously.
Highly adjustable! 8X32 for $120. And about 1/2 the weight of my neighbors Nikons.

I always did also , until I bought my Swarovski 10x50 SLCs . no longer have that issue. I was buying new junk binos every year or two for a $200-$300 a pop. some 20-25 years ago I bit the bullet and bought my swarovs for 1200.they are without a doubt the best hunting gear purchase I ever made.
the difference between them and 200-500 dollar junk binos is night and day.
IMO having good optiks outweigh every other item for hunting one has , weapons included. can't kill em if you can't find em!
they don't give them away but treat them right and they will last you your lifetime
now a days the SLCs can be had at about 1700-1800. not cheap but IMO definitely worth it , if there is any possible way you can swing it.

Almost all binos have adjustable eye cups. I wear glasses, I just adjust the cups all the way in. Buy whatever glass you seem to like, go to a store that has a variety- Leupold, Vortex, Zeiss, etc... and you'll find which ones work for you and your budget.
they do , but not all eyecups are of the same caliber

I had the same problem until I was fitted for soft contact lens. No problem now with total view of entire visual field I can glass for hours with my Leica Ultravids. They are $$$$. Look for used binos from Leica, Zeiss and Swaro. Deals are out there. GJ

I wear glasses and Nikon monarch's have worked fine for me in both 8X and 10X. Make sure you turn in the eye cups. I have not had a single problem with the bino's scratching my lenses.

8X is always a better choice with glasses as they always have better eye relief.

Back