Bino Selection

A fine British gentleman enjoying German engineering? Mr. Churchill must be spinning in his grave!;)
I can live with that, German glass is hard to beat.
I must tell the wife I have been described as a 'fine British gentleman:D
Cheers
Richard

I picked up a used Swaro spotting scope from Spitz a couple years ago and followed it up with a used pair of 10x42 EL Swaro's. I haven't found a hunt yet where I need something different than what I got...

15 power aint only for Coues Deer. In the southwest We use em for everthing. Any body that hunts any where in the west and don't use 15's on a tripod is missing out on a lot of game. I don't want to act like a teacher in a class room, but it aint been no secret the last 10 years as they are being advertised more. I am surprised Randy doesn.'t have a sponser that pushes 15's. Maybee He does, I don't know. I am not affiliated with or personaly know any one from the Western Hunter Magazine or show or Elk hunter Magazine ,but they are owned by the Outdoorsman in Phoenix who is he top pusher(and probably seller too.) of big binos and tripods in the country. I have benn using 15's on a tripod for 20 years and gaurrentee I have seen more game than any body who isn't using them. Most folks use Swarovski,or Leica. Not Me , I have had Doctors and Minox ,10 years each(800 to$1000 binos) . I see as much game as the $2500 ones all My buddies have. Even a good pair of 10's on a tripod will really help. Not Braggin, just trying to help fellow hunters. I been up in N Dakota 2.5 years and hunt eastern Montana a lot, and nobody there even thinks about a tripod or big binos. It is perfect spot and stock country. I carry 10 power Minox around My neck. As far as spotting scopes, don't waste Your $ on any thing other than a Swaro. HD. 3+k . I don't have one but friend does. Everything else is junk (blurry at long distance).I have gone thru the 2-3-400 dollar junk. No good. The $8 to 900 dollar leuopold and Nikons are junk, save Your $. I looked thru em side x side and the Leuopolds are better, but if You have 15's You are better off. Bottom line, if You hunt the West , Use 15's on a tripod. If You have never done it , You wil send Me thank You's once You have.......BOB

Stephen b, What I really think is most guys are missing out on great hunting cause they don't have or know how to glass. What do You use? I am not trying to be a know it all, just trying to help and educate fellow hunters who may not have clue what they are missing out on......BOB!

Stephen b, What I really think is most guys are missing out on great hunting cause they don't have or know how to glass. What do You use? I am not trying to be a know it all, just trying to help and educate fellow hunters who may not have clue what they are missing out on......BOB!

I use everything from 6x for the thick woods hunting here in the PNW; and a 8x for general around hunting conditions; a 10 x for more open areas; and then up to 16x bino's and a spotter for long range extended glassing in big open areas. I know if I lived and hunted in more open country, my 16x bino's and spotter would get more use than they usually do. I mostly hunt the elusive Blacktail for deer and Elk, which tend to be fairly elusive and do not show/ expose themselves that much during the seasons here that they are hunted in.

Cheers

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cercek
Back