Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Bino recommendations please

I couldn't imaging using anthing but my Swaros... but I asked my sister for her opinion on the best hunting binos for under $600. She owns a store in College Station, Texas called Champion Firearms and they do a lot of business.

She recommended the Pentax 10X42 dcf hrII. She said you could spend double and not get much better, at $299.

Cabelas bought Ziess's inventory of the old style classics and were giving them away at a very good price, but I think it was over $600.

When I was at SW, I looked at the Pentax, Nikons, and Leupold. Then I looked at the Alpens - in my mind, they were superior to all three, and cost less!

I bought the Alpen Shasta Ridge 8x42 for $199 - sweet glass!

Thanks for all the input guys. I lied and decided to bite the bullet. I just bought a pr. of Brunton Epochs 10.5 X 43 binoculars and will hopefully have them in a week or so. I guess I am going to have to start drinking wine with the screw off caps for awhile. :D

I obviously didn't have a chance to look through them, but all the reviews looked good.

I have my fingers crossed. :D

Those Bruntons are great. I'm envious. Keep us posted on how you like them. I'm looking to upgrade from my Wind Rivers.

I currently have Wind River binos and am upgrading to the Leica Geovid 10x42's with the range finder built in. Any input on Leica Geovid? They are being sent to me but with the agreement that I can send them back if I don't like them. They run around $1,750. High priced but cuts down on having to carry two dif. optics. The range finder goes out to 1400-1500 yards. pretty strong.

I've got a friend that has the Leica with the range finder--superb optics--I don't know how well the RF worked. He got his for under $1600 from a place called The Best Things (online).

Thanks for all the input guys. I lied and decided to bite the bullet. I just bought a pr. of Brunton Epochs 10.5 X 43 binoculars and will hopefully have them in a week or so. I guess I am going to have to start drinking wine with the screw off caps for awhile. :D

I obviously didn't have a chance to look through them, but all the reviews looked good.

I have my fingers crossed. :D
Or the boxed wine at Costco. You'll get used to it after four glasses. 😁

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nomps
Back